"sometimes you wonder, who's minding the store?"

carson17912

Reaction score
I'm paraphrasing the famous intro to the movie: The Girl Can't Help It! The geniuses at Capitol Records have done it again. Today I bought The Beatles capitol albums vol.2. Now the albums are supposed to be in both stereo and What a disappointment. some of the songs aren't in stereo, and the mono is "folded over" stereo. I'm so mad I want to go over to the window throw up the pane and shout: "I'm damn mad and i'm not going to take it anymore" The world's greatest band and the company that has the masters treats them and the millions of fans so grotty. So Capitol records doesn't get experts in beatles records, but "suits" who wouldn't know the difference between stereo and mono. The bootleg capitol lps are truer to the original form than capitol! Same with EMI. When they released SGT. pepper in '87 on CD, they didn't include the mono version which is HOW THE BEATLES RECORDED IT AND MIXED IT FOR RELEASE! All they did was release it in stereo and it's wrong. You have to have an original disc or again the boot of the LP which is SUPER!!! Oh well, where was I? Corporate America, I can't believe my ears and eyes. From: "My tears are falling like rain from the sky," CARSON

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
And I'll just bet that Capitol doesn't give a hoot ! "Whassa matter ? People are still buying them!!" PRODUCT, UNITS, BOTTOM LINE ! Who cares about the quality ? How about a certain guitar manufacturer whose name rhymes with Shmibson ? The worst example of a scungy "improved" album I've bought recently is Canned Heat's "Boogie With C.H." I've waited SO long for this, the album that turned me on to The Blues, and it's PUTRID !!!! I should have trusted the reviewers @ Amazon.

Stevo

Reaction score
Wow! Another Canned Heat fan! I can hardly believe there is at least one in each hemisphere!

I bought "Future Blues" when I was 12 years old and never looked back. Such a beautiful melancholy album, tracks like "Thats all right mama" and "My time ain't long" really switched me on to the blues.

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Canned Heat and Boogie With Canned Heat get LOTS of air-time at Chez Coastie. Here's Fito's biography which gives a great insider's view of the band........... "Living The Blues" ISBN 0-9676449-0-9

Stevo

Reaction score
Hi Coastie,

Strangely enough, Canned Heat and Boogie with Canned Heat are probably the only Heat albums I didn't buy, I think they were already deleted when I started buying records. I do have Livin' the Blues, Cookbook, Hallelujah, Live at Topanga, Future Blues, Live in Europe, Hooker and Heat, Historical Figures, and the one with Joel Scott Hill (gold cover, can't remember the name offhand). The last time I saw them play was in Newcastle, England, about 1997. I remember Henry Vestine looked absolutely shagged out and had to sit the entire set. In contrast, Fito was young looking and very energetic, great drummer. Henry died shortly afterwards, guess the drugs, sex and rock and roll finally caught up with him.

Looking back, they were the original eco-warriors. The lines from So Sad (the world's in a tangle) written 36 years ago were prophetic
"Too much smoke, too much gas, too little green and it's going fast"

Cheers
Steve

"Don't Forget to Boogie!"

john_kidder

Reaction score
Canned Heat? I didn't think there was anyone left who still bought their tunes. Here's one more from Canada.

Going up the country, again.