More Guild TV Time

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
There is a program on CMT (Country Music Television) called Crossroads. The show puts a Rock act and a Country act together, and it is generally some deal like one was the idol or roll model for the other.

That said, this Saturday the 11th, the show has Lyle Lovett and Bonnie Raitt, it should prove to be an excellent show.

However, in the trailer Bonnie is holding a Guild with a "Shield" headstock, the rectanular fingerboard inlays (D-55 etc.), but with twin pickguards like a Richie Havens model.

If you are interested, Sat., Feb. 11 9:00 PM ET/PT, on CMT.

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
There is a program on CMT (Country Music Television) called Crossroads. The show puts a Rock act and a Country act together, and it is generally some deal like one was the idol or roll model for the other.

That said, this Saturday the 11th, the show has Lyle Lovett and Bonnie Raitt, it should prove to be an excellent show.

However, in the trailer Bonnie is holding a Guild with a "Shield" headstock, the rectanular fingerboard inlays (D-55 etc.), but with twin pickguards like a Richie Havens model.

If you are interested, Sat., Feb. 11 9:00 PM ET/PT, on CMT.

Reaction score
More Raitt

I can't help myself...I can't keep my eyes off of Bonnie Raitt. I mean, listening to her is one thing - absolutely delightful. But after ...what... 30+ years, she still stops me dead in my tracks. And when she cradles her Guild.....puddle....

Dudley-Brian Smith
Smithfield Fair

Reaction score
More Raitt

I can't help myself...I can't keep my eyes off of Bonnie Raitt. I mean, listening to her is one thing - absolutely delightful. But after ...what... 30+ years, she still stops me dead in my tracks. And when she cradles her Guild.....puddle....

Dudley-Brian Smith
Smithfield Fair

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Re: More Raitt

SmithfieldFair said:

Dudley-Brian Smith
Smithfield Fair

I'm right there with you on that one! :wink: :shock:

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Re: More Raitt

SmithfieldFair said:

Dudley-Brian Smith
Smithfield Fair

I'm right there with you on that one! :wink: :shock:

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
The show was just excellent, with the only problem being it was only an hour long. I could have handled another two hours easy!

The guitar she played for all the songs she did not play slide on was an F-50 or some deriviative of the "F" models.

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
The show was just excellent, with the only problem being it was only an hour long. I could have handled another two hours easy!

The guitar she played for all the songs she did not play slide on was an F-50 or some deriviative of the "F" models.

J45dale

Reaction score
Drat, I missed the show and they are certinaly two greats!
I was pretty sure Bonnie plays a Guild Jumbo instad of a dred. What did Lyle play? I saw a picture recently where his guitar looked like a sunburst, slope sided, country boy Bourgeis,...I think thats how its spelled??
Dale

J45dale

Reaction score
Drat, I missed the show and they are certinaly two greats!
I was pretty sure Bonnie plays a Guild Jumbo instad of a dred. What did Lyle play? I saw a picture recently where his guitar looked like a sunburst, slope sided, country boy Bourgeis,...I think thats how its spelled??
Dale

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Bonnie Raitt plays a mid-70s F-50R, I do believe. She and that guitar showed great in the Martin Scorcese Blues documentary.

Bonnie_Raitt.jpg

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Bonnie Raitt plays a mid-70s F-50R, I do believe. She and that guitar showed great in the Martin Scorcese Blues documentary.

Bonnie_Raitt.jpg

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Well, it's Sunday night and I've just had the pleasure of finally seeing Bonnie and Lyle on CMT Crossroads. She is such a sweet lady and Smith, I'll have to agree with you......There is something extemely seductive about a little lady playing the slide!

The Guild looked and sounded great too. The show was truly worthwhile viewing.

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Well, it's Sunday night and I've just had the pleasure of finally seeing Bonnie and Lyle on CMT Crossroads. She is such a sweet lady and Smith, I'll have to agree with you......There is something extemely seductive about a little lady playing the slide!

The Guild looked and sounded great too. The show was truly worthwhile viewing.

West

Reaction score
Mmmm-mmm-mmm

Bonnie and I go WAY back - back to me listening to those early 70's albums and hearing her perform with Freebo on acoustic bass and tunba, and wondering why she just didn't pack me up and take me home with her. (I swear I can fit in that Guild case.) I don't have to see her on television - though it's always a pleasure - for she's still playing in my dreams. Oops, my Guild-toting wife is coming, better leave my dreams for now....Mmm-mmm-mmm! She did a program for Soundstage or Austin City Limits recently - one of the two - that was really incredible. Wow! Does that woman have chops or what?

Dudley-Brian Smith
Smithfield Fair

Reaction score
Mmmm-mmm-mmm

Bonnie and I go WAY back - back to me listening to those early 70's albums and hearing her perform with Freebo on acoustic bass and tunba, and wondering why she just didn't pack me up and take me home with her. (I swear I can fit in that Guild case.) I don't have to see her on television - though it's always a pleasure - for she's still playing in my dreams. Oops, my Guild-toting wife is coming, better leave my dreams for now....Mmm-mmm-mmm! She did a program for Soundstage or Austin City Limits recently - one of the two - that was really incredible. Wow! Does that woman have chops or what?

Dudley-Brian Smith
Smithfield Fair

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I still find her old work with Freebo on Tuba to be her most satisfying work. Freebo always made me think of Frank Zappa for some reason.

I saw her in a concert in 1977 with Mac Macannally, and John Prine. Mac was fantastic, John was drunk and kept forgeting the words. The more the crowd showed their displeasure, the more he hunkered down and refused to leave the stage.

All was forgotten when Bonnie came out!!

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I still find her old work with Freebo on Tuba to be her most satisfying work. Freebo always made me think of Frank Zappa for some reason.

I saw her in a concert in 1977 with Mac Macannally, and John Prine. Mac was fantastic, John was drunk and kept forgeting the words. The more the crowd showed their displeasure, the more he hunkered down and refused to leave the stage.

All was forgotten when Bonnie came out!!