I have joined the club!! DV52

chetmz

Reaction score
I made my first post here a few weeks ago and am excited to say I bought a very nice DV52 from a guy who advertised on Craig's list. It was made in Westerly, and he claims to have bought it new in 2001 at Matt Umanov's in NYC. There is a sticker on the back of the neck from the shop. The serial number is AD523344 and I'd like to verify that if anyone can help. The guitar has very little wear and tear and I think it was a pretty good deal at $650.
I feel like I found an old friend since, as I've previously posted, I played a few Guild's as a teenager in the 60's. This is my first new acoustic guitar purchase since 1969. OH BOY!! (I switched to bass for many years)
I'm thinking that if I really do get back into playing I'd like to also find a nice F30 so I've got something smaller.

chetmz

Reaction score
I made my first post here a few weeks ago and am excited to say I bought a very nice DV52 from a guy who advertised on Craig's list. It was made in Westerly, and he claims to have bought it new in 2001 at Matt Umanov's in NYC. There is a sticker on the back of the neck from the shop. The serial number is AD523344 and I'd like to verify that if anyone can help. The guitar has very little wear and tear and I think it was a pretty good deal at $650.
I feel like I found an old friend since, as I've previously posted, I played a few Guild's as a teenager in the 60's. This is my first new acoustic guitar purchase since 1969. OH BOY!! (I switched to bass for many years)
I'm thinking that if I really do get back into playing I'd like to also find a nice F30 so I've got something smaller.

Cypress Knee

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard!

Guilds are catching. I just traded a Gibson Hummingbird that I have had for awhile straight up for a '62 M20. I never liked the Hummingbird, it just doesn't sound like my Guild dreadnaught, so I got a little mahoghany guitar that I like to play with tremendous tone and the guitar shop got a name brand that they could mark up alot even though itl doesn't sound nearly as good as a Guild.

The guitar shop thinks they got a steal...but I know better! At a jam session they had that little guitar was singing over all the others, and the players wanted to know how such a small instrument could make should a commanding sound.

Just my .02

CK

Cypress Knee

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard!

Guilds are catching. I just traded a Gibson Hummingbird that I have had for awhile straight up for a '62 M20. I never liked the Hummingbird, it just doesn't sound like my Guild dreadnaught, so I got a little mahoghany guitar that I like to play with tremendous tone and the guitar shop got a name brand that they could mark up alot even though itl doesn't sound nearly as good as a Guild.

The guitar shop thinks they got a steal...but I know better! At a jam session they had that little guitar was singing over all the others, and the players wanted to know how such a small instrument could make should a commanding sound.

Just my .02

CK

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
chetmz said:
The serial number is AD523344 and I'd like to verify that if anyone can help.

Hello chetmz,

Your DV52 was made during the first half of the year 2000. If you have any further questions, just get back here.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
chetmz said:
The serial number is AD523344 and I'd like to verify that if anyone can help.

Hello chetmz,

Your DV52 was made during the first half of the year 2000. If you have any further questions, just get back here.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hello chetmz,
You really got a GREAT deal!!

A local shop here in Alabama has a DV52 in Excellent condition, and they are asking $1350.00.

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hello chetmz,
You really got a GREAT deal!!

A local shop here in Alabama has a DV52 in Excellent condition, and they are asking $1350.00.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice score! I got one a couple years ago for the same price, and it's really sweet. You won't find a nicer acoustic for the price. This was just one step below Guild's top of the line dreadnaught, the D-55. To get a similar Gibson or Martin, you'd be laying out 2500 bones.

I haven't been able to play my DV-52 for a while :( it's in the shop having an LR Baggs under-the-saddle pickup installed :D Can't wait to hear it through my Crate acoustic amp.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice score! I got one a couple years ago for the same price, and it's really sweet. You won't find a nicer acoustic for the price. This was just one step below Guild's top of the line dreadnaught, the D-55. To get a similar Gibson or Martin, you'd be laying out 2500 bones.

I haven't been able to play my DV-52 for a while :( it's in the shop having an LR Baggs under-the-saddle pickup installed :D Can't wait to hear it through my Crate acoustic amp.