JF30-C

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the forum...I've got a JF30C that dates to 1988...This guitar sounds and looks great! But..Ive never seen another one of these cutaway models anywhere, has anyone else? Am I sitting on a rarity?

dklsplace

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

I've not seen many of the cutaway model, but I think there is one up on ebay right now.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
j-man said:
Hi,

New to the forum...I've got a JF30C that dates to 1988...This guitar sounds and looks great! But..Ive never seen another one of these cutaway models anywhere, has anyone else? Am I sitting on a rarity?

Hello j-man,

Welcome! The JF-30C became part of the Guild line in 1988 and it stayed in the line during 1989 after which it was discontinued. The one on eBay is probably from this 2-year period although the seller claims the instrument is from 1986. I have my doubts! I could be wrong though!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Reaction score
Thanks ! First one I've ever seen besides mine. Hans, I believe I sent you photos of my JF-30C a couple years ago for inclusion in your 2nd book.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
JF-30C

j-man said:
Thanks ! First one I've ever seen besides mine. Hans, I believe I sent you photos of my JF-30C a couple years ago for inclusion in your 2nd book.

Hello Jay,

Sure, I remember that. I put all the info in my database, which is the basis for the new book. It's taking longer than I thought it would but that's how it is. At some point it will be ready.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
New Guild Guitar Book 1977-

Hans,

Just out of curiosity, in writing the first book, how long did it take you to compile information and pictures, interview all of the various experts on Guilds and write and publish the first book? I would think it would take several years. When did you publish the first book?