Info on a Guild D30 B1

Reaction score
Hello all I've got a Guild D30 B1 and I'm trying to get some info on it. such as where it was made and what year it was produced. I've been to some other sites with serial number listings but couldn't find the number on mine. It's a solid maple body with an arched back rosewood fretboard and grover tuning heads and the serial number is AD300866. It's a sweet sounding guitar and it plays awesome. I would appreciate any info you could give as I plan on keeping it for a long time. BTW I'm pretty sure I got a good deal on it as I payed $700 Canadian for it. Thanks in advance.
John

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
MADKARP said:
I've got a Guild D30 B1 and I'm trying to get some info on it. such as where it was made and what year it was produced. I've been to some other sites with serial number listings but couldn't find the number on mine. It's a solid maple body with an arched back rosewood fretboard and grover tuning heads and the serial number is AD300866.

Welcome MADKARP,

Sure I can help you with that. What you have is a D-30 Bl. not B1 although it might look like that on the label. Bl. stands for 'Blonde' finish, so I can only assume that that is what you have.
The serial number dates it to 1998 and the guitar retailed for $ 1399.99 during that particular year.

Hope this helps some and if you have any further questions, just get back here.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild D-30 Bl.

P.S.

MADKARP,

Forgot to ask! Your D-30 Bl. has 'gold' Grover machines, right?

Hans

Reaction score
Wow! thanks for the info Hans. Yes it does have gold tunning heads. I picked it up out of a pawn shop and I don't think the fellow knew what he had. Thanks again for the info.
John