wanna see some really nice Guilds?

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
check out vintagemaster.ch and feast your eyes on some great Guilds, including a Johnny Smith, a few Duane Eddys, some really rare and vintage axes. One of my favorites is the blue Nightbird... :D

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
vintagemaster.ch

Hello drednut,

Yes, that's Dino's collection or I should say that's what's left of Dino's collection. Very impressive stuff. Went over there when I was doing the research for the Guild book. If you're not familiar with the book it's called 'The Guild Guitar Book - The Company and the Instruments, 1952-1977'. If you would like to have a closer look at some of these guitars, maybe you should get a copy of it.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Reaction score
The Guild Guitar Book II

Hey - I've got to applaude Hans' book. Because I've been a staunch supporter of Guild for 35+ years, people constantly call me for information on Guild. Thanks to Hans' effort and book, I have a lot more authoritative information to pass on. If you love and are interested in Guilds - I MOST HIGHLY recommend Hans' book.

AND, I must add that I am anxiously awaiting Book II - as that is "my period" of Guilds. Hans has been a ready and extremely patient and helpful reference for me a number of times on odd models and odd circumstances - which is one of the things that makes Guild intriguing.

I've had/have Hoboken models, Westerly models (my absolute favorites to the mid 90's), played (with major disappointment) Corona Guilds, faced serious disappointment with the Chinese Guilds (Hey, they are what they are - over priced Asian production guitars bearing no resemblance to Guilds except the headstock) and anxiously await the opportunity to see and play the Tacoma Guilds. The Tacomas I've seen and played are good little instruments - some clever design ideas and concepts - but a radically different animal from Guild. It will be interesting to see if Fender/Guild can pull out of this horrific tailspin they've been in (some of it is just really bad management) and allow Hans the chance to do Book III. We'll see...but Book I is well worth having a copy of (I've got 2 or 3 around here) and the idea of Book II is exciting.

Thanks, Hans - now everyone else go get a copy! Cheers! dbsmith

curt

Reaction score
Re: vintagemaster.ch

hansmoust said:
'The Guild Guitar Book - The Company and the Instruments, 1952-1977'. If you would like to have a closer look at some of these guitars, maybe you should get a copy of it.
Hey Hans, I looked to see if there was a link on your site for the book and I didn't see it. How do I acquire one?

Thanks,
Curt

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:) Curt,

I use the softcover as a reference, and keep the hardcover in the bookshelf!

West