Guild sighted

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
IGYBA%202.jpg
A play titled “I’ll Get You Back Again" is running in the D.C. area. I have not seen it but apparently it features aging rock and rollers. But i was amused to see the above at the top of the review. Almost certainly a Newark Street Starfire I.

Review and another picture are at https://www.washingtonpost.com/ente...982dde-adb6-11e7-99c6-46bdf7f6f8ba_story.html It is behind the Post's paywall. if you cant read it either try opening in a private window, deleting all cookies from washingtonpost.com or both,

X-170AB

Reaction score
Frono - I'm assuming you meant a "Newark Street Starfire IV"?

BTW that photo almost makes it look like John Scofield has switched semi-hollows from Ibanez to Guild!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Frono - I'm assuming you meant a "Newark Street Starfire IV"?

BTW that photo almost makes it look like John Scofield has switched semi-hollows from Ibanez to Guild!

*snicker*

Almost from the beginning of recorded history, Guild has called their semi-hollow, one pickup, double cutaway bass the Starfire I. The two pickup version is quite obviously the Starfire II. But Guild, valuing clarity and consistency in names, also made Starfire I and II guitars. So anyone who wants to be unambiguous really needs to add "bass" or "guitar" after Starfire I and II. I probably should have gone for unambiguous, but I didn't. I did eventually count the strings but just looking at the hands and finger position I first thought it was a Guild six string myself.