Pete Townshend discussing The Who's upcoming sessions for a new album

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Yeah, spotted this a few days ago. Pete seems in a very chipper mood in these clips. :) In one brief segment you can see he's got a Hi-Tone head/cab set up in-between a pair of Lazy J combo amps. Checking out a possible touring rig, I guess. Wonder if he's kept in touch with Glynn Reeves (son of Dave, the Hiwatt wizard), who's affiliated with Hi-Tone?

-Dave-

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
The Who are opening their tour right here in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The "cheap seats" are going for $69.00

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Ah, I love The Who, but I wish they would tour as "Daltrey and Townshend and Band" or something. They'd sell the same number of tickets. But without Entwistle (one of the greatest bassists in rock history) and Moon (one of the greatest drummers in rock history - maybe THE best), they haven't been "The Who" for quite a while.

walrus

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ah, I love The Who, but I wish they would tour as "Daltrey and Townshend and Band" or something. They'd sell the same number of tickets. But without Entwistle (one of the greatest bassists in rock history) and Moon (one of the greatest drummers in rock history - maybe THE best), they haven't been "The Who" for quite a while.

walrus

agreed! The Who should have broken up when Moon died.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Long ago I read, probably in an interview, that Pete wanted to rename the band after Keith Moon died. They did end up adding a keyboardist, which Pete also wanted.

-Dave-