Been nice knowing ya!

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
According to the local weather, this Bomb Cyclone snowstorm might be the end of the world!

I'm taking a snow shovel to bed with me just in case!

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

We have that same sh.. here - not the weather, but them warning headlines. . . .

Let´s hear from you tomorrow - after you´ve done shovelling.

Enjoy :cold: :cold: :cold:

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
According to the local weather, this Bomb Cyclone snowstorm might be the end of the world!

I'm taking a snow shovel to bed with me just in case!

Well, they just put the Jersey Shore under a blizzard warning, so I'd stock up on guitar picks and adult malted beverages for some forced barley therapy.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I know I am nowhere near Jersey but I woke up this morning to 20 degree weather and The Screaming Banshee Ghost of the Extremely loud Car Horn! Apparently when it starts getting really cold the plastic in your steering wheel can retract causing your car horn to go off non stop! From a dead sleep to full on Mechanic mode in less than 19 seconds. I didn't even realize until I disconnected the battery that I was wearing Shorts and a sleeveless shirt with no shoes or socks on. That hurt for a bit after a got back inside. I can honestly say, If you feel your life is running sluggish or you are just not getting around that good anymore, Have a friend lay on your car horn at 4:30am when you are dead asleep and don't let them stop honking it until you are up, out in the cold barefoot in shorts, and jumped through a few hoops while solving a Math Problem in your head. It is Utterly Exhilarating! Best Wishes to those who are in the path of weather tonight!

TX

Last edited:

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, 3 or 4 years ago, we had almost 4 feet of snow in one storm, most in CT recorded history for a 24 hour period, so I guess we can survive this one. Hey, I'm retired, have a case of beer and a supply of wine for my wife, so I can relax at home until it passes.
Brad

Antney

Reaction score
I live in a small coastal town half way between Boston and Cape Cod. The weather channel sets up here every big storm because of our vulnerability relative to the tides, wind, and precipitation. The blizzard of 78 sent 30 percent of our coastal homes to the sea. Tomorrow's storm has the potential to be wicked pissa.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The blizzard of 78 sent 30 percent of our coastal homes to the sea. Tomorrow's storm has the potential to be wicked pissa.
I grew up in Fall River. At the beginning of the ‘78 blizzard they didn’t even close the schools until midday, after it had started.
Boy that was a fun bus ride home!

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Glad I live in the land of mediocre weather. It'll be nippy, but a dusting is what they seem to be predicting.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
<sigh>
I think it was a little chilly today. A high of 65. Maybe we will get rain, next week. Hasn't rained much since last winter. The state is burning up in places. One fire is at 280,000 acres. Largest in state history.

I would be SO happy to have a big winter storm barreling down on us.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I live in a small coastal town half way between Boston and Cape Cod. The weather channel sets up here every big storm because of our vulnerability relative to the tides, wind, and precipitation. The blizzard of 78 sent 30 percent of our coastal homes to the sea. Tomorrow's storm has the potential to be wicked pissa.

Imma sit out on the piazza while the old lady stays wahm in her racka in the parlah. I went to the packie and got beeah and I got me some fluffanuttahs. It's gonna be a wicked pissa foh showa!

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I shouldn't even say that we had a high of 65 and low of 43 tonight. Ditto for the next week and a half. That would be mean to say that!! I hope y'all are okay. That kinda stuff would scare the HELL out of me..... take care my friends!!! :blue::cold:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looks like Grot's supposed to get 8-12" and we're only getting 3-4". I'll check in from Starbucks with a nice Cappuccino.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've spent a lifetime of winters in Michigan and I've never heard of the "spontaneous horn honking syndrome," other than when I've accidentally activated the panic button on my car remote...

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've spent a lifetime of winters in Michigan and I've never heard of the "spontaneous horn honking syndrome," other than when I've accidentally activated the panic button on my car remote...

Bwahahahah!!!! I think TX has been sniffing the soundholes of too many of those "head"y jumbos in that marvelous collection of his!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Bwahahahah!!!! I think TX has been sniffing the soundholes of too many of those "head"y jumbos in that marvelous collection of his!

I'll be the first to admit when I am imagining things but the Car Horn incident was real! You can look it up on the internet for verification. Trust me, if I am going to imagine something it is going to be a hell of a lot better than trying to fix a car horn in 20 degree weather barefoot fresh out of a nice warm slumber. If I were to imagine something it would probably involve sitting on a nice sandy beach in Mexico playing one of my Guilds while Lynn Collins was bringing me Margaritas in her "Dejah Thoris" outfit from the movie "John Carter". If sniffing sound hole glue can make that happen then you will find me with my head permanently stuck in a guitar, LOL!

yhhtyjjyr3343trl.jpg

TX

Last edited: