Incoming!!!!

beecee

Reaction score
1971 F-312. Pulled the trigger at 4:15 this morning. No time yet to really explore history of model but what little I saw was pretty encouraging. Are these still Hoboken? I have a maple 12 and an old Japanese hog 12 but have always wanted a r/w model 12.

The small -er body seem appealing to my aching joints.

Spoke w/store Mgr and due to Thanksgiving coming up he is going to try and ship it out today to be here early next week. He texted pix. Anyone want to post for me?

Kitarkus

Reaction score
Congratulations!....1971....a great year and the year of my birth :) I hope the F-312 arrives and is even better than you'd expected. I believe 1971 is Westerly as they began production in 1967 per my recollection.

Last edited:

beecee

Reaction score
Serial Number 68122. Looks like a 72 not a 71.

Kitarkus

Reaction score
Serial Number 68122. Looks like a 72 not a 71.

Oh...this is no longer my birth year guitar....this changes things :)

and....4:15 in the morning? This is a dangerous time when you have a credit card, GAS, and an internet connection.

beecee

Reaction score
Fux7ZlT

https://imgur.com/q66EPvo

beecee

Reaction score
and....4:15 in the morning? This is a dangerous time when you have a credit card, GAS, and an internet connection.

Not the first time!!!! :)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice Grab BeeCee! Let me see if I can get your pics posted for you.

q66EPvo.jpg
Fux7ZlT.jpg
TFwhwM6.jpg
Vgbembk.jpg

TX

beecee

Reaction score
Thank you my friend!

How is that F50R coming? Get it back yet?

In my untrained eye that looks to be in pretty fair shape for a 45 year old guitar.

Hitting the road for 3 hours. Gotta do some outside work in 20 degree weather today.

Dismantling the battery bank on a PV system on my cabin. Inaccessible in winter.

I see bourbon in my near future!!!

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thank you my friend!

How is that F50R coming? Get it back yet?

In my untrained eye that looks to be in pretty fair shape for a 45 year old guitar.

Hitting the road for 3 hours. Gotta do some outside work in 20 degree weather today.

Dismantling the battery bank on a PV system on my cabin. Inaccessible in winter.

I see bourbon in my near future!!!

No Problem. The F50R should be back in the next week or so, maybe a little longer with Thanksgiving next week. I am really looking forward to getting it back and getting some "Bonding" time with it. My Luthier has just been so swamped with all of the poor Flood Guitars from Harvey. I applaud him though for trying to save as many as he can. Also I know that if it takes a little bit longer than expected to get it back it will still be worth wait. Quality work is not something you rush and My Luthier makes sure that everything is done right with the proper curing and set up times so that everything stays the way it should for years to come.

Good looking F312! Being the year it is this is Westerly made model with a nice East Indian RW back. Some of the late 60's model F312's have Brazilian RW back and sides to them which is why they command higher prices. Overall it looks good and if the action is great where it is now I don't see any issues from the photos. There appears to be enough saddle for a decent break angle and the top looks in good shape. Interested to hear your review when it gets there!

Almost forgot, If the weather is that cold where you are make sure to let the F312 acclimate to the house temperature when it arrives for 12-24 hours before opening the box, Then let the case acclimate a while too before opening so you don't wind up getting severe Finish Checking in the F312 from a sudden temperature change. Have a Good one and be safe, thumbs up to the Bourbon!

TX

Last edited: