Guild HB-2's ?

Mark WW

Reaction score
GAD mentioned in a message that Guild now had HB-2's available which matches a standard sized humbucker route. I was wondering if anyone has any additional information (ohmage or video) on these? I contacted Guild but all I received was a non-specific yes they would be available for resale from Cordoba. Guild shows the Aristocrat with the HB2's https://guildguitars.com/g/aristocrat-hh-in-trans-black-burst/

Aristocrat_HH_TBB_front.jpg

Mark WW

Reaction score
Justin with Cordoba Group responded to my second inquiry regarding these HB2 pickups. Here is his response. I may just take my Corona SF III back off sale.

Hi Mark,

Neck - 7.00K Resistance - Alnico 2 Magnet
Bridge - 7.10K - Alnico 2 Magnet

These will also have a coil split feature. Hope that helps!

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
a Guild HB-2 pickup is the bass Humbucker for Guild basses 1970-1977

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Guild came out with a new HB2 for guitar as described above.

Mark WW

Reaction score
Yup that is what I thought I said. But sorry if I was not clear. Just reread my post - not clear. But now it should be clear.

Clear as
mud-2832910_960_720.jpg

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
a Guild HB-2 pickup is the bass Humbucker for Guild basses 1970-1977

But remember this is Guild. What, exactly, is a Starfire I or a Starfire II? Isn't the first name someone named a guitar related product without caring that the name was also used for a bass product.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
But remember this is Guild. What, exactly, is a Starfire I or a Starfire II? Isn't the first name someone named a guitar related product without caring that the name was also used for a bass product.

But weren't the Starfire basses properly called "Starfire Bass", as in this 65-66 brochure?
https://www.gad.net/Blog/2010/08/18/guild-guitar-catalog-1956-1966/
(With the "-I" and "-II" designations being applied when the 2-pickup model came in, as shown here:
https://www.gad.net/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Guild-1968-Catalog.pdf)

Given that the basses were, uh, based on the Starfire guitar, it only makes good sense to me.
:smile:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
may as well build a banjo, and call it a mandolin.

btw Marc WW ur Fender HB-1s in the Corona SF III should sound pretty sweet in that guitar. may need to adjust the pole pieces or try different strings, but i would not give up on them so fast. they sound great in arch tops

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
may as well build a banjo, and call it a mandolin.

btw Marc WW ur Fender HB-1s in the Corona SF III should sound pretty sweet in that guitar. may need to adjust the pole pieces or try different strings, but i would not give up on them so fast. they sound great in arch tops

Hasn't Cordoba already renamed a pile of acoustics?

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score

Yep, I ended up leaving 'em in my X-170T. Different voice to my other guitars, which I like having.

-Dave-