Glen Gray and the Casa Loma Orchestra

gilded

Reaction score
Nice vid, Rich.

That Epiphone looks like a Deluxe Model to me. It's hard to see much detail, but the Epi Tailpiece and the Pickguard look like Deluxe model equipment.

gilded

Reaction score
Gilded,
You're absolutely right...my bad.

No bad. it's an absolutely reasonable deduction to think it was a Century. Plus, the angle of the guitar shots makes it hard to see what the inlays are on the neck and the headstock.

I have owned a few Epiphones in my time; '39 or '40 DeLuxe, '50s Emperor Regent (cutaway), '50s zephyr deluxe regent, a couple of Triumph Regents and a '44 Broadway. And that's the stuff I remember!

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
No bad. it's an absolutely reasonable deduction to think it was a Century. Plus, the angle of the guitar shots makes it hard to see what the inlays are on the neck and the headstock.

I have owned a few Epiphones in my time; '39 or '40 DeLuxe, '50s Emperor Regent (cutaway), '50s zephyr deluxe regent, a couple of Triumph Regents and a '44 Broadway. And that's the stuff I remember!

How did you like that 50's Zephyr Deluxe Regent? I enjoy playing my '54 Zephyr Regent. The New York pup is kind of special IMO. The Zephyr Deluxe Regent had two New York pups, right?

gilded

Reaction score
I liked those pickups, but never got entirely comfortable with them.

I know that some of the old Swing guys liked them, saying that NY Epi pickup amplified sound was closer to the 'real sound' of guitars. I think they were saying that those pickups didn't color the sound like Gibson P90s did.