Ngd

2nevets

Reaction score
WOW
This is from the original owner and what a top!!
yX7K0a.jpg

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Those knobs look right to me if it's a Corona Bluesbird. Hard to see as the pic is small. Killer top, Steve! If you ever sell it, make sure you list it as an AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! top because every one who sells gets to add at least another A. Seems that way, anyway. :pride:

My Corona knobs:

Guild-CustomShop-Bluesbird-90-TopFull.jpg

2nevets

Reaction score
a larger pic and I believe they are the original knobs-this thing way never played
f8bh4H.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
a larger pic and I believe they are the original knobs-this thing way never played
f8bh4H.jpg

Aha.
Yes the angle and pic size threw me off, and I compared it to the pic on the back of my '97 catalog. Thought yours had tall knurled knobs and I couldn't make out the G-shields in your pic.
Still a nice score, though.
:biggrin-new:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wow - beautiful top! Really pretty sunburst finish - you're making me miss my Cherry Sunburst BB...

YilMvghl.jpg
[/IMG]

BTW, the knobs are very deceiving depending on the photo angle - I thought the same thing you did, Al, until I looked at this photo of my ex-Bluesbird...

walrus

Last edited:

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wowzer! Beautiful piece of wood, and a suburb job on the sunburst. It was a good day at Guild when they built that one. Congratulations.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't know where Steve finds them. Or why he doesn't keep them. I'm taking bets on when his new one will show up in the FS section.

Steve is a god when it comes to procuring rare guitars. I've scored more than a couple from him over the years and even went up to his shop in NY once to pick one up, though sadly he was not there that day.

I totally get why he sells them, though. Gotta have that next great thing so the current great thing has to go in order to get it, and that next great thing is SO great that it may not last long. Gotta do what you gotta do to feed the beast. You know... I assume. :pride:

DThomasC

Reaction score
There's no question Steve is gifted when it comes to finding gems. I can't relate to selling them; I have a hard time giving up any guitar, even the ones I don't like. But, I'm sure he doesn't do it for the money. The part about taking bets was just a joke, but it seems that no one on LTG gets my humor.

2nevets

Reaction score
I don't know where Steve finds them. Or why he doesn't keep them. I'm taking bets on when his new one will show up in the FS section.

not this one
I look back at the guitars I owned and just shake my head as to why did I get rid of it:-(
as we all do Im sure

2nevets

Reaction score
There's no question Steve is gifted when it comes to finding gems. I can't relate to selling them; I have a hard time giving up any guitar, even the ones I don't like. But, I'm sure he doesn't do it for the money. The part about taking bets was just a joke, but it seems that no one on LTG gets my humor.
Actually I think GAD is the guy for finding "Hidden Gems"

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Actually I think GAD is the guy for finding "Hidden Gems"

Guilds of Grots finds some real nice gems...and keeps them all! its gonna be a glorious day on planet earth when I somehow acquire his Nightingale

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Guilds of Grots finds some real nice gems...and keeps them all! its gonna be a glorious day on planet earth when I somehow acquire his Nightingale

His secret is that he's been doing it forever. Some of the rare guitars he's scored for ridiculously low prices are just amazing. I think the only one that beats him is Hans. If you ever get the chance to talk to him about some of his guitar scores it's totally worth it.