Guild S-100 Deluxe STEREO

dalko

Reaction score
Hello, it's my first post here. I just bought a Guild S-100 Deluxe STEREO.

viewer.php
[/url][/IMG]

viewer.php
[/url][/IMG]

viewer.php
[/url][/IMG]

viewer.php
[/url][/IMG]

viewer.php
[/url][/IMG]

viewer.php
[/url][/IMG]

Aged, stock, on it's way to me. :smile:

I like very, very much her look.

Last edited:

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome! Looks like you got a winner. Play it in good health.

dalko

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Very kind of you.

I was after some Guild for a while now, because i liked the tone of HB1, but she is the one who won the game.

Deluxe, for some extra tone, and even rarer, stereo.

When i saw the guitar, i bought her imediately. :happy:

viewer.php
[/url][/IMG]

viewer.php
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Very kind of you.

I was after some Guild for a while now, because i liked the tone of HB1, but she is the one who won the game.

Deluxe, for some extra tone, and even rarer, stereo.

When i saw the guitar, i bought her imediately. :happy:
Yah, welcome aboard!
Looks relatively well-preserved in spite of the cosmetic issues.
I thought "Deluxe" meant the Guildsby, or is that little toggle I mention below part of it too?
I didn't realize the stereo models had a stereo/mono switch on them?
M
First time I can recall seeing that, topo, but I'd bet it's original, it's just got "that look".
What I just noticed though is that tiny little toggle switch next to the Guildsby's spring.
Coil tap?
Is that what dalko meant by "some extra tone"?

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Cool guitar, but I have my doubts about that stereo switch being original. Hans?

dalko

Reaction score
The guitar is on its way to me. I don't have it yet.

When she will arrived, i, will take some pictures of the control cavity. We will know more about it.

For the moment, here is what the seller said about it:

"Original Guild Branded Bigsby and orginal HB-1's. Comes with Mono/Stereo and Phase switching as standard. Killer guitar that is a nice alternative to a Gibson SG ..."

It was also the first time i saw the picture of a S-100 Deluxe Stereo, and i was looking for everywhere.

But, as i said before: it's my first Guild, so, i beleive you have more experience than me ... :smile:

Prince of Darkness

Reaction score
Guild Total
Yah, welcome aboard!
Looks relatively well-preserved in spite of the cosmetic issues.
I thought "Deluxe" meant the Guildsby, or is that little toggle I mention below part of it too?

First time I can recall seeing that, topo, but I'd bet it's original, it's just got "that look".
What I just noticed though is that tiny little toggle switch next to the Guildsby's spring.
Coil tap?
Is that what dalko meant by "some extra tone"?

I suspect the tiny toggle is more likely to be a phase switch, unless it is an aftermarket addition. The location looks slightly odd, but the stereo / mono switch is occupying where I would normally expect to see one.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I suspect the tiny toggle is more likely to be a phase switch, unless it is an aftermarket addition. The location looks slightly odd, but the stereo / mono switch is occupying where I would normally expect to see one.

I agree. Take the standard drill holes for an "standard" S-100 control layout. Use the phase switch hole for the sterero/mono switch and then drill a new hole for the phase switch. You could probably do a better job ergonomically but...

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Very cool. Gotta be super rare too: the displaced phase switch and the vibrato tension bar give it a "one-off" look. I like!

-Dave-

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That is super cool! Great first post! Even the TRC is cool!

walrus

dalko

Reaction score
Yes, it's original!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Hello Gad & Hans. As Hans said, it's original, thank you both for your interventions. It makes the situation clearer. :smile:

What is all about the position of the phase switch? May i ask: how many guild lovers ever seen a S100 Stereo before this one?

I read somewhere on the forum that Hans had already seen one of them. Someone else?

When i ask the seller about the phase switch he said: "Comes with Mono/Stereo and Phase switching as standard"

When i asked him how it works, his response was:

"I have never used it in stereo mode before. When you enable stereo mode it disables the output on the three way switch bridge position if theres not a stereo or Y cable plugged in. There is one output jack so I would assume you will need a Y cable to set it up. The phase switch is stock and its a little bit of difference to the tone. I have always used it Mono with the phase switch now and then. At low volumes the Phase switch isnt that noticeable but a higher volumes I could hear a bigger difference."

I have no particular reason to doubt in his words, given the number of good comments he has as a seller. And so, I think everything is stock in the guitar.

Hans, the seller is from the Netherlands too.

dalko

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for comments. I will take some pictures when the guitar will comme to me!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Very cool guitar!

I've never seen the stereo/mono switch, but I had a stereo Starfire that was simply each pickup wired to a different channel so with a stereo to mono Y cable, one pickup would be the left channel and the other right. I've never found that to be a very useful feature, but back in the early-mid '70s Stereo was a huge selling point for a lot of stuff. Think of it as the blue LED of the '70s. :tan:

My Starfire did not have a stereo/mono switch, though, and I'm very interested to see how that's wired. I have my guesses but I've been wrong too much lately. :pride:

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for comments. I will take some pictures when the guitar will comme to me!

Hello dalko,

Forgot to say welcome, so here it is ........ welcome! Guitar looks like a real warrior. I've never seen a Guild on which so many screws were changed for non-original ones; must have happened at the time that the original finish was removed.

It looks like the Stereo/mono switch was replaced as well. Would love to see the label that should be attached to the inside of the back panel.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

dalko

Reaction score
Hello dalko,

Forgot to say welcome, so here it is ........ welcome! Guitar looks like a real warrior. I've never seen a Guild on which so many screws were changed for non-original ones; must have happened at the time that the original finish was removed.

It looks like the Stereo/mono switch was replaced as well. Would love to see the label that should be attached to the inside of the back panel.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Thanks Hans.

Warrior, yeah, but i like it. For me the guitar has a killer look.

Screws? On pickup rings, tuners? I will look for original ones. Do You have it?

For pictures, i will do it, no problem.