Stupid Deal of the Day..G&L Tele.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?source=3TP5DNB&mscr=2145005_4926

I know this SHOULD be in another section, but it's limited time. For $299 you can have a G&L Tele ,( off shore version ). I almost hit the buy button, as I always wanted to know what all the fuss was about, with this style of guitar. But, I can't play all the instruments I have now !

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Don’t panic. This is one of their regular Deals of the Day. It’ll be back, maybe in a different color, but they have these, and the fake D’Angelico archtops, regularly, maybe once a week.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
HTB12_zkF7CWBuNjy0Faq6xUlXXaH.jpg

stig

Reaction score
Don’t panic. This is one of their regular Deals of the Day. It’ll be back, maybe in a different color, but they have these, and the fake D’Angelico archtops, regularly, maybe once a week.

Regular watchers of the Stupid Deals have already noticed that MF over-stocked themselves WAY too hard with D'Angelico and G&L! lol

GGJaguar

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That particular model uses run-of-the-mill Tele-style alnico pickups, not the Leo Fender-designed MFD pickups found in the US-made and "regular" Tribute ASAT Classic. To me the MFDs are the essence of G&L.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I picked up a Tribute Will Ray a few months back. Fun guitar, but I haven't played it enough to get the hang of the B-Bender.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
That particular model uses run-of-the-mill Tele-style alnico pickups, not the Leo Fender-designed MFD pickups found in the US-made and "regular" Tribute ASAT Classic. To me the MFDs are the essence of G&L.

Yup. Unique sounds from the MFDs.

-Dave-

dougdnh

Reaction score
I had one of these several years ago. I had more trouble with this guitar than any I've ever owned. The neck had something wrong with it - it didn't seem twisted, but it just wasn't right, buzzy on certain frets. I actually sent it back to G&L and they were very willing to try and fix it. I got it back and it still wasn't right. It was the model with the P-90 type pickups - not the best sounding pickups. I eventually got rid of it. On the other hand, I've played made in USA G&L ASAT'S and they sounded and played amazing.