Another heretic NGD!!!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Pascal, sound-wise, how does it compare with the Firebird (which I assume has mini-humbuckers)?
Like night and day.
Pup's on Les Paul are about 10 times hotter than the mini Lollars, but the latter, while thinner sounding, have a sweet growl to them. Awesome under a slide too.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Glad you got what looks like Grover Rotos on it, Pascal. I could never keep the Kluson Deluxes in tune.
Nice!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Glad you got what looks like Grover Rotos on it, Pascal. I could never keep the Kluson Deluxes in tune.
Nice!

Thanks Chris. And good eye! Grover indeed, they're stellar on the hold in tune.... (and I pull on strings pretty hard).

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
In this world there are always those who march to the sound of a different drummer. The lucky ones hear a drummer who can actually keep a beat and knows what a groove is. These wayward marchers go off and break boundaries. Blistering leads on an acoustic. Purple spandex, and proud of it. Gibsons on a Guild forum. But the world is a better place for their pioneering efforts.

Thank you and congratulations!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
In this world there are always those who march to the sound of a different drummer. The lucky ones hear a drummer who can actually keep a beat and knows what a groove is. These wayward marchers go off and break boundaries. Blistering leads on an acoustic. Purple spandex, and proud of it. Gibsons on a Guild forum. But the world is a better place for their pioneering efforts.

Thank you and congratulations!

How could I not make this my signature quote?
Shame I had to edit a bit out as per characters limitation constraint, but I captured the essence I think (and made sure the purple spandex stayed in there) :)

Thanks Fro! :cupcake:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks Chris. And good eye! Grover indeed, they're stellar on the hold in tune.... (and I pull on strings pretty hard).

The guitarist in my band has a recent gold top LP with Grovers that refuses to stay in tune despite several attempts to fix it, and I think it's a warranty issue at this point. When Gibsons are bad, boy are they ever bad!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The guitarist in my band has a recent gold top LP with Grovers that refuses to stay in tune despite several attempts to fix it, and I think it's a warranty issue at this point. When Gibsons are bad, boy are they ever bad!

Sounds like a warranty issue indeed.
I will say (while agreeing with the Q.A. inconsistencies within the brand), that every recent (as in 2012/13/14) Gibson I've looked at (mainly electric however) was pretty flawless.

I do feel lucky though, as I struck a perfect one with everything I ever wanted, in this killer finish, and at a price that no one looking for one of these could have ever rejected....

:tan:

Last edited: