The Song Title Game

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why my post at #4950 was deleted?

I posted 'Rock N Roll Animal' - Lou Reed (which fit with the 2 previous posts)

It's completely gone?
Perhaps - and this is a guess - you both posted at exactly the same time? Even I don't like that answer much, but I have no other thoughts . I never saw your post appear.
Yeah, I don't think that's the answer, I'm positive the forum's got a safeguard for that and in fact we've seen instances where 2 members were posting virtually simultaneously and the forum still caught both posts...has happened to me and Westerly Wood, for example. Pretty sure it's based on when the "post quick reply" button is pushed, as I've spent time composing and then posted, only to find I was leapfrogged in the process.
Bruce, I'm about 99.9% certain you never actually submitted...possibly you were previewing the post and exited instead of submitting? I've done it myself.
Also note the time spread between the posts..and no loss of continuity in the links.

(We now return to our regularly scheduled thread)

Last edited:

Brucebubs

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think that's the answer, I'm positive the forum's got a safeguard for that and in fact we've seen instances where 2 members were posting virtually simultaneously and the forum still caught both posts...has happened to me and Westerly Wood, for example. Pretty sure it's based on when the "post quick reply" button is pushed, as I've spent time composing and then posted, only to find I was leapfrogged in the process.
Bruce, I'm about 99.9% certain you never actually submitted...possibly you were previewing the post and exited instead of submitting? I've done it myself.
Also note the time spread between the posts..and no loss of continuity in the links.

Thanks for that and I expect you're right.

'Tracks Of My Tears' - Smokey Robinson (again)

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score

Al, your answer is much better than mine - thanks!

As tears go by - The Stones

"Cry, Cry, Cry" - Johnny Cash

walrus

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
"It's Judy's Turn To Cry," ('Cause Johnny's come back to me.) Leslie Gore 1963.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
"California Nights," Leslie Gore. I loved when this song came on my transistor radio!

jcwu

Reaction score
I'm just here because I noticed this thread is at 500 pages. 500 pages!!!

(Sorry I didn't read all the posts before posting, etc etc)