The Song Title Game

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
You gotta move - Rolling Stones
"Mother Earth"-Mother Earth Featuring Tracy Nelson and guest Makal Blumfeld (Mike Bloomfield); thematic connection:

This is the tune that had people comparing her to Janis Joplin.
:friendly_wink:
This is the magnificent '68 album:
61PR374HDQL._SX355_.jpg

I actually found out about this album through being a Marvel Comics fan; the first tune is "Marvel Group" and it was mentioned in the monthly "Bullpen Bulletins" that appeared in all the titles due to the Spider-Man shoutout in the lyrics...it was my introduction to the blues although truthfully "Marvel Group" was one of the weaker tunes on the album.
But many of their heroes were icons of the counterculture, especially Spider-Man, and Dr. Strange who, btw, appears on Pink Floyd's Saucerful of Secrets in this panel taken from Strange Tales #158 from 1967:
cbded7cc709b3545f32cfd0f1e67f50c.jpg

43843.jpg

Next up:
"Who was the Walrus, really?"
:glee:

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
"Mother Earth"-Mother Earth Featuring Tracy Nelson and guest Makal Blumfeld (Mike Bloomfield)

Next up:
"Who was the Walrus, really?"

"Glass Onion" - The Beatles ("...the Walrus was Paul...")

P.S. Interesting stuff on Floyd - I never owned "Saucerful of Secrets" and so never knew about the Dr. Strange image on the cover!

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
"Glass Onion" - The Beatles ("...the Walrus was Paul...")

P.S. Interesting stuff on Floyd - I never owned "Saucerful of Secrets" and so never knew about the Dr. Strange image on the cover!

walrus

Yeah who says this thread is just a string of repeats?
Although, now that I think about it, most of the stuff is classic rock and we know how those stations sound.... :glee:

"Hole in the Bottom of the Sea"-
-Lonzo and Oscar

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
If we can include phrases or single words in the songs - then : Donovan - Epistle To Derroll

"Come all ye starry starfish
Living in the deep blue sea
Crawl to me I have proposition to make thee
Would you walk the north sea floor
To Belgium from England
Bring me word of a banjo man
With a tattoo on his hand."

If not - just skip. This was because I see no direct connection between two previous posts - must be in the lyrics. Fine with me - gives more opportunities.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
If we can include phrases or single words in the songs - then : Donovan - Epistle To Derroll

If not - just skip. This was because I see no direct connection between two previous posts - must be in the lyrics. Fine with me - gives more opportunities.

"Glass Onion" lyric "Fixing a hole in the ocean...trying to make a dovetail joint""
:friendly_wink:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
So? is Donovan - Epistle To Derroll ok then ?

Well, it has been done before, and technically I just did it myself with "Glass Onion". But it is called the "Song Title" Game...

Ok by me, but technically Walrus leapfrogged "Mother Earth", so I vote you get a free throw:
"Mother Earth"- Mother Earth

I did "Glass Onion" to answer your question about the Walrus - I missed "Mother Earth" in the verbosity of your post - my bad!

"Mother In Law," Ernie K. Doe

Thank you, dread, for pulling us back in from the veer!

"I Fought The Law" - The Clash

walrus

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Bob Dylan - The Ballad Of Frankie Lee And Judas Priest

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Bob Dylan - The Ballad Of Frankie Lee And Judas Priest

Great song from 1967! I didn't know until recently that this is where Judas Priest (the heavy metal band) got their name!

"The Ballad of John and Yoko" - The Beatles

walrus