Went To A Guitar Center For The First Time In A While

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
All your gonna get are sideways looks. 16 YO's have no clue what Friends was..

You’d be surprised. My 18-yo daughter and her friends have seen every episode. They binge shows on Netflix and Hulu.

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Mind you I haven't actually been there for years. Our GC has the Les Pauls and PRS all the way up by the ceiling...

You can always get really dubious unwanted advice from some 18yr old handing you some strings after he/she finally gets off the phone.

Someone is usually playing a Metallica riff out of tune, this could actually be the guitar salesman depending on level of turnover...

I don't remember any single guitar in the acoustic room, new guitars don't do anything for me.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
It's a shame I wasn't born a "Double Jointed Boy."
Yep, y'coulda been a real star:
tumblr_owtjn1CbPy1rf1yd3o6_500.jpg

Antney

Reaction score
I thought this being a pc international forum we couldn’t post hurtful and offensive descriptions like “Mexican and Chinese junk”? Shouldn’t we just lump them all in as, let’s say, sub American crapolla? This way no one nation or culture is singled out.

Last edited:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
well, Guild MIC is making some solid acoustics. So does Blueridge and many others.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I thought this being a pc international forum we couldn’t post hurtful and offensive descriptions like “Mexican and Chinese junk”? Shouldn’t we just lump them all in as, let’s say, sub American crapolla? This way no one nation or culture is singled out.

Is there any particular reason for separating American junk from rest-of-the-world-junk on international forum ? :watermelon:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

It is hard to tell what the intention is. Some folks say MIC Guilds suck because they are MIC. That, and similar opinions, need to be moderated. But if someone says MIC Guilds suck because they are targeted at an entry level price point, the xenophobia is not (explicitly) there. The latter is more a paraphrase of "you get what you pay for".

In my perfect world, people would not use country of origin as a means of separating the Good from the Bad. But it is a reasonable descriptive term - to those who know, which factory made a Guild conveys a lot of information.

Maybe next time the phrase should be "entry level junk"?

JF-30

Reaction score
You’d be surprised. My 18-yo daughter and her friends have seen every episode. They binge shows on Netflix and Hulu.
You know what it really means when the younger generation says I'm hanging out with friends watching Netflix?