NGD

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Lffqx89-300x274.png
:

s-l300.jpg

LMAO! Al, you missed your calling - should have been a Writing teacher...

walrus

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
He got his Fixx ;))

Red Guilds at night
Red Guilds at night

I got one here, much the same, '73. Clean. Seems like a lot of guitars went unplayed...

Grassdog

Reaction score
OMG I have never seen those open-back style tuners in perfect mint condition before. Congrats on that one Richard.

The only downside to finding these unplayed beauties is they may need some serious playing before they open up. I had that experience with my '83 Sunburst D-25, which was a veritable closet queen when I bought it in 2012. Dead sounding at first, but it's opened up nicely.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
OMG I have never seen those open-back style tuners in perfect mint condition before. Congrats on that one Richard.

The only downside to finding these unplayed beauties is they may need some serious playing before they open up. I had that experience with my '83 Sunburst D-25, which was a veritable closet queen when I bought it in 2012. Dead sounding at first, but it's opened up nicely.

My limited sample of 3 all needed about 200 hours.
The Westerlys are "light build" but the Corona's a proverbial "built like a tank".
It was also the one that went through the most drastic transformation.
But because they had such similar opening up times, always wondered if the other build eras had similar "gestation" periods.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow that is clean Richard! Great score!! That dark cherry is so superb..

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total

Agreed as was the case with my D-30.. however if that is your biggest problem with an excellent find like this you are doing pretty well..