NGD

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, I really wasn't looking for one of these but saw it pop up on Reverb. The seller's description intrigued me and I will say, he did not oversell the guitar. This is likely as close to a time capsule, vintage guitar as I have ever owned. I don't see a scratch anywhere. It's really pretty to look at and it sounds wonderful. So, I'm a happy kinda guy. I've got a player grade (and I mean really player grade) D 25 now. It's buzzing and needs a set up and maybe a new saddle and possibly nut. I'm going to get that taken care of and donate it to a guy that is a far better player than I can ever hope to be.

The seller called it a 1981 build and my initial research says that is likely true. However, I never accept something like that without 1st shooting a few pics to Hans with the SN and asking him to confirm that for me. He likely is getting tired hearing from me because I tend to bother him a lot. But, so far, knock on wood, he hasn't cut me off.

I've never figured out posting pics here but below is a copy of the Reverb link. You should be able to see the pics there, at least I hope you can.

https://reverb.com/item/30266002-guild-d-25ch-1978-cherry

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here ya go!

nhifdmk6wmgjqruzh2bk.jpg

p51c8epptqorz5el3pdn.jpg

avthrd3jcr9povwuicvo.jpg

abw964rycq6ol1ke7eia.jpg

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Richard,

Little veer here, noticed you have a Deco. I don't remember the NGD post for that one! I've only seen one and I bought it.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hey Richard,

Little veer here, noticed you have a Deco. I don't remember the NGD post for that one! I've only seen one and I bought it.

Yeah, Blake turned me on to that one (and I thank you Blake) Wonderful Guild. I'd never seen one listed on any of the selling sites that I visit. Mine has loads of finish checking on the soundboard. Many of you will tell me, don't do it. But I'm going to anyway. In April it heads down to Tom Jacobs to have him take off the nitro coat and redo it. I just want this one to be as pristine as I can get it. I just, in this case anyway, don't really care what the purists say.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The cherry D-25 from the late '70s is what made me love Guild. I never had one, but I used to play with a friend who did. I accompanied him playing mostly rhythm on my Ibanez 12-string, and the Guild was a gem. Anyway, congrats, Richard. That looks to be in great condition.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, Blake turned me on to that one (and I thank you Blake) Wonderful Guild. I'd never seen one listed on any of the selling sites that I visit. Mine has loads of finish checking on the soundboard. Many of you will tell me, don't do it. But I'm going to anyway. In April it heads down to Tom Jacobs to have him take off the nitro coat and redo it. I just want this one to be as pristine as I can get it. I just, in this case anyway, don't really care what the purists say.

Can't blame you a bit. Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

beecee

Reaction score
Well...not to p on your parade but I did notice that the truss rod cover screws were misaligned.

As Hans will point out in Volume II the Phillips head screws were installed with a very precise ratchet set that assured 12-6 alignment.

I'd send it back

Opsimath

Reaction score
Beautiful! And looks absolutely perfect - time capsule is right. Congratulations and enjoy!