Guild Total
And to bring it back to Guild:

AR-708129988.jpg&updated=201208101001&MaxW=900&maxH=900&noborder&Q=80

From https://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120812/entlife/708129988/

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's a super impressive Guild there, GAD!! I'd probably be super confused but I'd sure like to find out, you know? 12 pounds? If it doesn't work out to play, you might could use it as an anchor on your boat. Just in case you run out of ideas....... :encouragement:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's a super impressive Guild there, GAD!! I'd probably be super confused but I'd sure like to find out, you know? 12 pounds? If it doesn't work out to play, you might could use it as an anchor on your boat. Just in case you run out of ideas....... :encouragement:

When it comes right down to it, it’s just a guitar. Well, it’s two guitars crammed together, but they each play like a guitar should, albeit a bit awkwardly.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sadly, this guitar is nowhere near pristine and the photos make it look better than it is.

There's been a poorly repaired fretboard crack or separation and there's glue that's on the board and stuck to the frets:

5D3_0009_1600.jpg

5D3_0006_1600.jpg

There is also a crack under the 12-string bridge that's right on the seem between the bookmatched top sides.

5D3_9754_1600.jpg

The top is covered with scratches, but given the lack of pick guards, that's to be expected. This guitar has clearly been played a lot, and overall it is structurally sound, but I'm not thrilled with the issues considering the price.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
But still, that's an amazing fusion of two great Guilds! I hope you have the strength and stamina to enjoy that sucker!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Seller is being very uncooperative so I have a feeling this will not end well. I paid way too much for this guitar to have the problems it has, so if push comes to shove I may end up having to return it if he won't offer a partial refund. Honestly just offer *something* you know? He's trying to convince me that a crack in the top is "normal wear and tear". Um... no. I'm fine with losing money on guitars - I do it all the time - but I could have bought a nice used car for what this one cost.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Escalated to Reverb and the matter is resolved to my satisfaction, and I'm keeping it.

The whole situation may be for the best because since I thought I may have to return it, I sort of fast-tracked it through my review process and so the review is about 95% done except for the sound clips.

You may all be excited to read that the Blue Starfire is in its last editing stages as well! :biggrin-new:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Excellent! Glad it worked out to your satisfaction!

walrus

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'd love to have a thinline doubleneck, seriously.

And an old Dano 6 string and bass, but the price on those has gone completely stupid.

But my '63 Dano doublecut is maybe my desert island guitar, over a Tele even.

It's that acoustic electric sound, it's unbeatable. Next up now is my 335 Dot, I just rediscovered it after 2 years in the case, and again, that acoustic tone, I really get it now after playing a lot of pure acoustic for a couple years, and it's magic. It's really great because I can beat on it (unplugged)and it won't cause a significant other to go for the headphones like a big ol boomy D35 can... I've now decided I'm not keeping any solid body electrics. Teles, Strats, LP Special, SG, double neck SG, etc, etc, etc, can all go.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I've now decided I'm not keeping any solid body electrics. Teles, Strats, LP Special, SG, double neck SG, etc, etc, etc, can all go.
I been waiting for a chance to make a comment in response to something you said, IIRC, along the lines of electrics being more forgiving of technique goofs (or maybe it was that it's too easy to let effects or just plain volume compensate for mediocre technique?):
"Acoustic guitars keep ya honest"
:friendly_wink:
but,
You'll be sorry if you don't keep just one!
Save it for those moments when ya just gotta have to have it, which I did with the D25 shortly after it came back from its 2nd re-fret (not that I considered selling it).
It felt just like it did when it was new and had all that opening up on it besides, so I decided to make those frets last as long as possible and reserve it for those times when I just had to have that D25 sound.
Which only made me play and bond more with the other 2.
Really, if ya already got 3 flavors to chose from, are ya sure yer not gonna jones for the one you gave up, eventually?

Last edited: