Waitaminute! Buying a guitar extends your life???

PittPastor

Reaction score
37ab1fba4e1b9f1a29643f40d10a48c3beb5fba82b85c25ef2fee342ee0d0d76_1.jpg

Holy crap! There are guys on here who are going to live forever...

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
A study obviously funded by the Guitar Manufacturers Association of America.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I am thinking I need another one soon----feeling a little peeked today. Went to CVS pharmacy and not one Guild.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
As they say at the World Famous Mustang Ranch:
"It ain't the buying that pays off, it's the playing"
:cool:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well then my health insurance carrier certainly should pony up some shekels for my new Guild! Until my deductible is met, of course...

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
The study specifically calls out a "new, hand built guitar". We need to know whether the study looked at newly manufactured instruments or merely instruments that were new to the buyer. We will also need to know how they defined "hand built". Are there name brands or high production volume instruments that qualify or must we resort to boutique luthiers?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The study specifically calls out a "new, hand built guitar". We need to know whether the study looked at newly manufactured instruments or merely instruments that were new to the buyer. We will also need to know how they defined "hand built". Are there name brands or high production volume instruments that qualify or must we resort to boutique luthiers?

I still say that's all irrelevant until the question of whether it's the buying or the playing that actually prolongs life is answered.
I bet Dr. Pat McGroin knows but is unwilling to let the cat out of the bag, so to speak.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
I think we all recognize that selecting, buying and owning a guitar does have an effect on your attitude, mental health, physical health and fiscal health in inverse proportion. To what extent it impacts your marital or relationship with your significant other is another question, which I will not address, for obvious reasons. Amen.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I think we all recognize that selecting, buying and owning a guitar does have an effect on your attitude, mental health, physical health and fiscal health in inverse proportion. To what extent it impacts your marital or relationship with your significant other is another question, which I will not address, for obvious reasons. Amen.

Rich, that's why dogs and cats seem to work best for me. They can't count.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hate to burst the bubble here, but Pat McGroin, is a name commonly used in juvenile jokes. Probably used it myself many many years ago.

Tom

Although he's usually not a "research scientist" in the jokes I've heard!

walrus