1960s starfire electronics

rbrcbr

Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, i forgot to type pickup. Neck pickup.

I'm keeping the 66. Luthier says frets are in awesome shape. He can get the action where he wants it by removing the disks and is confident the neck won't move in the near future.

Just curious regarding the '63 you returned - what did your luthier have to say about it? I see it available again on the GC site. Wondering if it needs a neck reset soon, or if the damage to the fretboard was downplayed over the phone and is significant? Also did the pickups seem to be original?

Reaction score
Just curious regarding the '63 you returned - what did your luthier have to say about it? I see it available again on the GC site. Wondering if it needs a neck reset soon, or if the damage to the fretboard was downplayed over the phone and is significant? Also did the pickups seem to be original?

Once I fell in love with the 66 I knew the 63 was going back. Even if my luthier didn't ok the 66 I was going to find another one. So I never had him look at the 63. The action on the 63 was low. It chocked out in at least 1 spot. Thus I don't think it will need a neck reset soon. The middle pickup position was out of phase on the 63. I think that's how it was done in that year.

I'm not a luthier and i'm also legally blind. I also don't know much about Guild history so really all I can say is the action was too low and the pickups were out of phase in the middle position.

But, shipping cost me less than $20 so that and a trip to GC which probably totaled an hour round trip is all I'm out. The case is beat up and missing the latch closest to the headstock but I still found it usable.