Six inches of fresh, wet snow.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
SwUR3s4.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
kPzIBiT.jpg
[/FONT]

Opsimath

Reaction score
I don't understand. What's all that white stuff everywhere?

Just kidding! It actually snowed here last year, I think they said it was the first time in 40 years. But it didn't look like that. Very pretty.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I absolutely love the snow and the entire Winter season. I couldn't imagine living anywhere without the four seasons.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

Snow is beautiful - besides the whole landscape has more light - even in the night with just stars.

Downside is that the weigth of it can break branches of your favourite tree - or collapse weak roofs etc.

Here is what we had yesterday - about 2 inches of dry snow - not so heavy.
Picture taken with my iPhone SE on our daily 5 miles hike.

img_3672.jpg

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Going to get down in the 30s this week, hope it doesn't impact my Wednesday tee time.

Pretty picture but no snow for me thank you very much!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
We’re driving two college kids to the train today so they can go back to school so I could have done without the snow, but thankfully we didn’t get the brunt of it anyway.

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Southern California's Big Bear got 4 feet of the stuff dumped the other day...that'll break some tree branches...and a whole lot of other things.

For those who don't know it's a mountain ski resort town...that had the roads blocked to everyone but the locals...not sure how they got up the hills, even with snow chains.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
When I lived in the Middle East snow was a thing you could travel up to and have fun with for a few hours. A little skiing, sledding or snowboarding maybe. Followed by an afternoon relaxing in natural pools fed by hot springs. ;) Shoveling the [redacted] stuff off my driveway and sidewalk, OTOH…this I could live without.

-Dave-

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Are you out Nordic skiing in this photo, Nuuska?

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The desert is such a strange place. We've finally gotten a couple of rain storms moving through in the last week and a half. Which means that when you see people driving down into the valley from Summerlin or some of the higher elevations of Henderson, their cars are covered in snow. 15 years living in the flat, more central area of the valley, I've only seen snow a couple of times. Seeing the Luxor Pyramid covered in snow with that light blazing out the top is kinda fun to see.

Beautiful photos dread and Nuuska!! It looks peaceful and quiet......

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes, Tom, a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Are you out Nordic skiing in this photo, Nuuska?

EDIT - I see Google Maps does not show the locations - so the picture was taken about 1/4 miles west from Tampere city limits - in Southern Finland

Last edited:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm wondering because it looks like two tracks in the snow, the old diagonal stride. I've done a fair amount of Nordic skiing.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm wondering because it looks like two tracks in the snow, the old diagonal stride. I've done a fair amount of Nordic skiing.

Hi - sorry for not first understanding your question - you meant "cross-country-skiing" - I thought Nord as northern Finland - no - I was not - just walking.
And if you look close, you can see two things :
- first ( actually you can NOT see it because it is not there ) - where are the ski stick marks ?
- second - there are THREE tracks - someone was pulling a plastic sled.

The little Poirot in me . . .

dbirchett

Reaction score
These snow pictures are gorgeous. I love the wintertime shots ... as long as I am not out in it.

Neither my wife nor I handle cold well. I am also having severe mobility issues that also affect my balance. That means that in snow, I would be spending most of my time trying to pick myself up. So, I guess that here in the Phoenix area is the perfect spot for me. I don't believe that I have ever shoveled snow and I do not feel deprived in the least. Say what you want about heat, you don't have to shovel it.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well you're right, Nusska, but I did notice there were no ski pole marks next to the tracks!

Charlie Bernstein

Reaction score
Nice shots!

My stepdaughter in Minneapolis has been slogging through it, too.

We've hardly had any here in Maine. Like a lot of storms from the midwest, this one is tracking south of us. We should get a little of it tomorrow night, though.

I love a good snow storm!