Belated NGD - F50 SB

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here’s my 1972 F50 SB, which Glenn (wileypickett) helped me acquire by checking it out, purchasing it, and holding it until I was in the Boston area so I could pick it up personally. Glenn and I had a great discussion about Guilds (of course), and I also was able to purchase his JV72, which he resurrected and restored to great playing condition (check out his thread on that story, which is crazy).

Except for the odd wear mostly in the upper bout area above the E string, the guitar is in excellent, original condition. It is very solidly built and has a super punchy sound, which is a great contrast to the warmer tone of the rosewoods.

I prefer burst maple guitars to non bursts, and this one is a great companion to my 1970 F412 SB.

Here’s a few pics:

aOUH1qb.jpg

D7Uuy89.jpg

Wy8EdCl.jpg

zOh9Fc5.jpg

QtY0rZG.jpg

XYDDF78.jpg

Last edited:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That is one beautiful guitar wagner and sounds like a nice addition with the JV72 coming back with you, also.

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congratulations! I love the darker bursts like that one. Nice teamwork on the score!

beecee

Reaction score
I like the fact that you are not deterred by cosmetic imperfections.

I have a few "player grade" Guilds I'd be hesitant to sell here but boy do they sound good!!!

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I like the ivory to green transition on your wall; or, is it an artifact of the camera shot?

That’s from the ceiling light fixture shade, which is going to be replaced soon. I keep banging my head on it!

I recently moved my guitars into a small room to free up space in the family room. So I now have a dedicated guitar room, which is almost set up, and I will share some pics soon.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I like the fact that you are not deterred by cosmetic imperfections.

I have a few "player grade" Guilds I'd be hesitant to sell here but boy do they sound good!!!

Beecee, I know there are plenty of us who, although we may love pristine guitars, don't feel a guitar shouldn't be purchased just because of playwear. The sound/tone is key, at least I think so.

So, please, don't hesitate to list any Guild you're selling in the FS/FT section of this forum. A lot of folks are often times looking for great Guild gear.

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
After a near lifetime of Gibson and Fender sunburst ownership, I'd have to say Guild did bursts maybe nicer than either one. What a great pair.