Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acoustic Guitar Amp: Basic or with effects

Yes, the Loudbox Mini is a nice little amp, but I like the Loudbox Artist even better.
    Much bigger sound, two identical channels, two effect loops, EQ, phantom power for condenser mics
    It's heavier though. :-(
    I own both, a Mini and an Artist, but I've never have played a Performer yet.
    I'm sure there are equal or better acoustic amps out there (AER etc.), but the Fishman amps offer a lot for the price.

Regarding a bit of fuller sound:
    I like to use just a (very) little bit of chorus and delay. And there's more than enough natural reverb in the church I usually play in.
    (FX I use are whether in the Artist or separate pedals (Fishman AFX Chorus and AFX Delay - you can find them used easily in the US) when I go to the PA.)

markus
    JF30-Bld 1989/JF3006xx DV52NT 1993/EK1007xx (myfirstguild ;-)) Bluesbird 1996?/CL0001xx JF30-12 1999/AJ3218xx
    DV4 2008/TL066xxx Orpheum OM 2013/NQ2260xx D-55 2014/NR0710xx M-240E 201?/G21641xx

D50NT 1980/001003xx (sometimes borrowed) Ibanez V300 (1985?) Yamaha CGX111 (2002?) DeArmond Ashbory Bass (2007?)

If you buy a looper pedel you need to see for what you want it. Some of the cheaper pedals only store the one loop as long as the pedal is powered on. If you created a nice backing track you might want to keep it for next time you play hence you need a storage capability in the looper pedal. And it depends how many backing tracks you might want to store. So don't just buy the cheapest pedal, choose what you need as features.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/best-looper-pedals
    https://www.guitarfella.com/best-guitar-pedal/looper/
    https://guitar.com/guides/buyers-gui...pedals-guitar/

To save cost check what you can buy used.

Ralf
    Last edited by SFIV1967; 11-30-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SFIV1967 View Post
    If you buy a looper pedel you need to see for what you want it. Some of the cheaper pedals only store the one loop as long as the pedal is powered on. If you created a nice backing track you might want to keep it for next time you play hence you need a storage capability in the looper pedal. And it depends how many backing tracks you might want to store. So don't just buy the cheapest pedal, choose what you need as features.
    Good points. Thanks.

Jim

I have the basic Ditto looper pedal. It is good for practicing at home and for learning how to use a looper. Takes a bit to get comfortable with them, you need to always be right on time with your on and off. I think there are some pedals that may be a bit forgiving with the off thing? It's all about timing.

Anyway, I have used it at a couple of solo gigs but really need to upgrade to be practical for gigging. What I mostly use it for at home is working out solos and it is very helpful to be able to lay down a rhythm track and practice another part.

As for acoustic amps, I have several powered PA speakers so I use various configurations of those running through a mixer. You might want to look into that option as you can get halfway decent powered monitors and a small mixer for a fairly low price.

Veer alert!

We were on a cruise earlier this year and one of the ship-board musicians made a whole show of using several loopers in creative ways. He laid down percussion-type tracks tapping on an acoustic guitar in various locations. Added bass and guitar tracks, and also backing vocals. Final performance of course was using these tracks to back his lead vocal and lead guitar playing. But for the crowd it was fascinating to see him build a whole song with loopers. And he could stretch one or two songs into a whole set. Brilliant!
    Dave

Guilds: 2003 S-7CE - 2013 DD-6RCE - 2018 F55e

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1018446