Xmas gift this year - Mildly Toasty Mark 1 - anybody with experience on this model?

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
So I am doing it again.. Much like a child I saved my F55 to open on xmas 2018.. Just checked to make sure it was in tact when it arrived in early December then shut the case until the big day. Yeah I am a big dork..

Well I have a Mark 1 on the way that I picked up on the verb for $265.. It has a few scrapes and bruises reflected in the price. I will inspect it upon receipt then save it for xmas..

I know I have asked before but does anyone have experience with these all hog classicals?

Only video I can find on youtube is pretty good but doesn't really give me a clear voice..

I will send pictures as soon as imgur stops giving me grief.. a first..

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
a lot of Marks on the verb lately. congrats!

bobdcat

Reaction score
He I am noodling on a Mark I that I used to have. Got a Mark IV now. I would have kept the Mark I if I didn't have to limit my overall number of guitars in a small apartment.

This is the video I made for my ad when I sold it. I do still wish I had it. Good luck with yours!

https://youtu.be/MYrV2HqlLl8

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
He I am noodling on a Mark I that I used to have. Got a Mark IV now. I would have kept the Mark I if I didn't have to limit my overall number of guitars in a small apartment.

This is the video I made for my ad when I sold it. I do still wish I had it. Good luck with yours!

https://youtu.be/MYrV2HqlLl8

Nice picking Roger.. I really dig the looks of those.. Such a warm hog brown.. I am looking forward to mine..

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Okay so I got the Mark 1 in and it is a fine warm player but the bridge is starting to lift.. The seller did not disclose.. So I sent the seller a photo.. We agreed I would take it to my luthier and assess with the thought that a partial refund may be in order..
My guy at Morrison here in Rockwall looked at it and basically said he could reinforce it with glue for about $75.. I texted the seller and told him.. Not a peep.. All day.. So I went into reverb and asked for a partial refund of $75.. Meanwhile I am going to have my guy fix it.. Once all is in order I will report back with photos.