NGD - 1958 Gibson ES-225T

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Awesome piece of American guitar history there, nice work on the nut/tuners. I'm kind of a nut/tuner geek...

Does that have a maple block a la 335?

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thanks for all the congrats, guys!

Awesome piece of American guitar history there, nice work on the nut/tuners. I'm kind of a nut/tuner geek...

Does that have a maple block a la 335?

Thanks, Guilded! The guy I brought it too is very good. It played better and sounded better when he was done with everything, and I love the look of the keystone tuners!

No, fully hollow!

walrus

swiveltung

Reaction score
Sweet. I had a '59 with the two P90's. I think they were only made 56-59? Very light weight and woody sounding. When I got it , it had been played so much there were divots in the fretboard and a few frets were worn completely through to the rose wood! I had to sand it down a lot and refret it. Still had a few divots showing but it played well. I had too much trouble stopping the feedback live with the full hollow and sold it, but we were louder back then (10 years + ago maybe). Great little guitar.

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wowza!! Congrats on that one!! It's a real beauty. And not to detract from the guitar at all, but I like the chair as well. That channeled back is a B**CH to do. I had to reupholster one for somebody and I almost lost my mind taking it apart and learning how to create that.

Sounds like you ticked all the boxes on that particular guitar. It's a beauty!! :encouragement:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sweet. I had a '59 with the two P90's. I think they were only made 56-59? Very light weight and woody sounding. When I got it , it had been played so much there were divots in the fretboard and a few frets were worn completely through to the rose wood! I had to sand it down a lot and refret it. Still had a few divots showing but it played well. I had too much trouble stopping the feedback live with the full hollow and sold it, but we were louder back then (10 years + ago maybe). Great little guitar.

Thanks - yes, only made between 1956 and 1959. Replaced in their line-up with the ES-330.

Wowza!! Congrats on that one!! It's a real beauty. And not to detract from the guitar at all, but I like the chair as well. That channeled back is a B**CH to do. I had to reupholster one for somebody and I almost lost my mind taking it apart and learning how to create that.

Sounds like you ticked all the boxes on that particular guitar. It's a beauty!! :encouragement:

Thanks! As for the chair, we have a couple of them we bought at an auction over 30 years ago, and had them redone.

walrus