D-55 Musician's Friend Stupid deal of the day!!!!

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
There's typically not a whole lot I'm interested in when it comes to The Stupid Deal of the Day. This was a superb deal however. I typically don't buy new because you can seldom recoup your cash when/if you sell. In this case, however, I think you could or at least come close.

I darned near jumped at it but I may be picking up a 1974 D 55 locally. It's got plenty of wear and tear but I'm fine with that.

The D 55's must have been a popular pick though. The burst they 1st showed sold out and was replaced by a natural but it looks like that sold out as well. I had called Sweetwater to see if they could match the price because I prefer to deal with the same salesperson I always use rather than an impersonal on-line purchase. He never got back to me before the D 55's sold out at MF. And I'm o.k. with that. I'm close to getting out of gear debt and this would have just added another $2k+ to the pile. I hope some folks here took advantage though.

gibsonjunkie

Reaction score
Guild Total
I got mine at "Let's Meet Guild" in New Hartford. They had one factory second that I got for $2100. I can't find the flaw and it plays and sounds great!

jgmaute

Reaction score
...I darned near jumped at it but I may be picking up a 1974 D 55 locally. It's got plenty of wear and tear but I'm fine with that.

Just noticed this post, did you look at or get the '74 D55? I had one stolen out of my house in IL back in '77 I think. I always wondered where it ended up. I'm not wanting it back (I filed a police report, got a '77 replaced by insurance, then the '77 was stolen...don't get me started!) Anyway I've got the serial # of the stolen one in a file somewhere so would be interested. It had Barcus Berry Hot Dots!

Last edited:

crank

Reaction score
I got mine at "Let's Meet Guild" in New Hartford. They had one factory second that I got for $2100. I can't find the flaw and it plays and sounds great!

I got my 412 there as a factory second. Someone there from Guild told me they were not really factory seconds, but, that was the only way they could sell them to us semi-directly. I paid 2K even for a flawless factory second.