NGD! Oxnard F55e

geoguy

Reaction score
Go for it, Rayk . . . candid impressions will be appreciated!

And congrats on the new-to-you-guitar, dapmdave. :encouragement::encouragement:

Last edited:

beecee

Reaction score
Yeah...Your opinions....in spite of those mashed fingers...are pretty solid.

Those of you who have ever TALKED w/Ray will know what I mean...a very smart cat.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yeah...Your opinions....in spite of those mashed fingers...are pretty solid.

Those of you who have ever TALKED w/Ray will know what I mean...a very smart cat.

You should change your frono qoute to " Most of the pain in my a$$ associated with my playing comes from having to listen to Ray ! "
Hahaha

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I swapped guitars with RayK this week. His F55e for my Orpheum 12-fretter....

Two super excellent guitars! Major congrats, Dave! Gotta have a rosewood jumbo 6-string! (The only acoustic 6-string I need!)

bobouz

Reaction score
This is my first experience with an Oxnard Guild. I've only had it a few hours, but so far I gotta say I'm impressed. The guitar is light for a Jumbo and the build quality looks to be first-rate. It's very reminiscent of a later-build New Hartford Guild, probably due to the Ren Ferguson influence.

Imho, Cordoba was incredibly fortunate to have Ren available as the person to set up their Oxnard factory. He of course had already done this once from scratch in Bozeman, before bringing his many skills to NH. It's doubtful that anyone else would have been better qualified for the task.

I don't own any NH or Oxnard Guilds, but I do own a number of Gibson acoustics from the Ren era - each one with a different body shape & size, and each one uniquely satisfying. Gibson's loss was Guild's gain, with Oxnard being the ongoing beneficiary.

Congrats on the new guitar - Enjoy!

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats Dave! You hit the nail on the head with your description. I love my F-55.. That low E does hit you right in the chest, but I am always impressed with how controlled it is though.. Nice score sir!!