NGD 2007 F47M.......I made the trade

Cheab

Reaction score
How could I not make the trade, goodbye 70 Martin D-18, Hellow Tacoma F47M! Thanks to everyone for all of the insight and education! It sounds great and I love the neck. What more could you ask for....

SkGmBtil.jpg

EAqtHN2l.jpg

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Sweet looks , love the burst definitely one of the better ones for me . Congrats let's hear it ! 😊

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, that is stunning front and back! A very good trade indeed.

Cheab

Reaction score
How does the sound compare to the Martin ? Maple vs Mahogany ? Dread vs OM style ?

I’m used to my 73 hog D25 and 72 F212 with hog back and sides, the F47 is a different tone completely. Took me a minute to get used to it but it’s real punchy in your face compared to the other two. The neck is almost identical to my D25 so it still feels like home. ;) Hands down.......the Guilds all own that Martin. It was way to thin and dull sounding for me.

JF-30

Reaction score
The 70's was hit and miss with CFM. Not all but a fair number had bridges that were off so intonation was off. I heard it was due to a worn out jig.

Nice Axe.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I’m used to my 73 hog D25 and 72 F212 with hog back and sides,
Coincidentally enough, did you know the F212 was actually based on the original F47?
:friendly_wink:

the F47 is a different tone completely. Took me a minute to get used to it but it’s real punchy in your face compared to the other two.
Yep, the thing with maple is that is tends to reflect all freq's at equal volume, and psychodynamics make our brains perceive lower freqs as being quieter than higher freqs at equal volume (thus the popularity of subwoofers).
This is why a lot of folks believe "maple records the truest" buy it also makes maple sound "jangly" to most ears.
I didn't really notice it myself with my F65ce, a close cousin to the F47M, until I started hearing the vids my GF made on her cell-phone.
THEN I understood why maple had that reputation.
('Hog for example tends to emphasize midrange, rosewood's said to emphasize bass)
If you're interested in some tricks I used to re-voice my F65ce, see these threads:
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?200201-quot-The-Warmup-quot
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?199255-Al-s-Farewell-Tour
And from one maple lover to another:
"Congrats!"
:tranquillity: