Things that got stuck in your head a long time ago, Run to You, Bryan Adams

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Stumbled on this killer riff the other night, sounded so good but yet so familiar... After a day it finally came to me. Always loved that song, the intro, the cleanliness and beauty of the acoustic break.

Anybody else a big fan?

Opsimath

Reaction score
It's Only Love - Bryan Adams and Tina Turner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6igcfvq2BQ

Oops, wrong thread - this isn't the Song Title Game!

I don't know much about Bryan Adams other than he did the soundtrack for the animated movie "Spirit", which I liked (movie and soundtrack). Just found the above video. Incredible energy! I like.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm a big Bryan Adams fan. I got a little head start on fandom during the disco era. Hardly anyone knows this, but in 1979 he did a demo for a company and they sped his voice up so it's really high and set it to a fun disco beat. It was called "Let Me Take You Dancing". And yes, it's the same Bryan Adams. It was a pretty big hit in the dance clubs. Later in his career he was embarrassed and ashamed of the song and refused to talk about it and his people patrol Youtube and everywhere to remove all versions with his voice on it. It's really sad, because at the time it was a really fun dance tune with his voice all speeded up and everyone enjoyed it but he gets kinda mental about it. You used to be able to find the vocal version but now all you can find is the instrumental. So imagine a sped up and poppy sounding Bryan Adams singing along to THIS!!!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was a DJ back then and I had the A&M Disco Promotional 12" single of it. Of course, I got rid of all my vinyl. Oh well..... I've never seen a song patrolled like that one. He HATES it......

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
ive always been a big Bryan Adams fan...Bigsby on the F-50-R notwithstanding...

”Reckless” was a huge record, with Run to you, Heaven, and others. “Cuts Like a Knife” (earlier) is also a killer riff!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
ive always been a big Bryan Adams fan...Bigsby on the F-50-R notwithstanding...

”Reckless” was a huge record, with Run to you, Heaven, and others. “Cuts Like a Knife” (earlier) is also a killer riff!

By golly it is an F50R:
Guild-1998-Gallery-pg00_1600.jpeg

I remembered it as a D55...:glee:...and yeah those are some great riffs, always loved a great hook and woulda been proud to have come up with 'em myself.

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
do you think that's his first real six string?

i bet he bought it at a 5 and dime.

Summer of '69 is my band's opening number at an event we are playing this weekend.

I use the term "band" very loosely. 2 singers, 1 guitarist/bassist and 1 acoustic player (me). All middle-aged lawyers, friends from synagogue.

We call ourselves Black Shabbos.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Summer of '69 is my band's opening number at an event we are playing this weekend.

I use the term "band" very loosely. 2 singers, 1 guitarist/bassist and 1 acoustic player (me). All middle-aged lawyers, friends from synagogue.

We call ourselves Black Shabbos.

love it! was a fave song of mine when i was 17, which was 1984, when that song hit the radio. it was jammin!