Saw Peter Yarrow last night!

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Found out in the AM that he was playing a benefit in the next town over at a small venue. My wife and I saw PP&M a few times, probably 20-25ish years ago the last time, so this was a nice surprise. I was able to get tix and got there early enough to find nice spot up close as it was general admission. It was kind of a bitter sweet time, as Peter seemed somewhat frail being 81. Honestly, where does the time go? His hands shook, his voice was weak, but the man still put on a good show playing and communing for about 1-1/2 hours.

Obviously with many gray haired fans in the audience he had us singing to most of the songs, where he would often then take on one of the old PP&M signature harmony lines. He still has as great sense of humor and a message of peace, love and brotherhood that is so germane to the PP&M legacy. In addition to my own I saw many eyes tearing up on songs like Where have all the flowers gone, and Puff (probably my first childhood memory of music.) God bless them old hippy singer songwriters for all the great memories.

Last edited:

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hudson, MA. Small town between Boston and Worcester. Quite a surprise and yes, very cool.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, Mikey!! That's a true one time option that won't possibly be around for much longer!! PP&M were a favorite as a little kid. Great songs and voices. Glad you got to see him. Thanks for sharing....... :encouragement:

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
On way through Stow I saw a couple of those push-in lawn signs advertising the concert last week...Polish American Club, something like that? Saw him several years ago at Fitchburg State College, he played with his grandson on washtub bass. Great show.

How was that venue? Was there a stage?

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Still love "Where Have All The Flowers Gone" and it's always a crowd favorite whenever I play it. Good on Mr. Yarrow for still gettin' out there and giving some good memories, pleasure and hope to his fans.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
....He still has as great sense of humor and a message of peace, love and brotherhood that is so germane to the PP&M legacy.....

Man, them were the days. They were defining of an era.

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Someone on AGF said it’s a Larrivee L-09

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Flowers - Girls - Young Men - Soldiers - Graveyards - Flowers.

dougdnh

Reaction score
I believe he performed here in New Hampshire with Paul Stookey a few days ago.
I saw the Doobie Bros tribute band 'Takin It To The Streets' a few weeks ago. They were very good - amazing lead guitar player. However the lead singer, although he did the early stuff great, couldn't quite cut the Michael McDonald vocals

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
That sounds like an enjoyable evening of music and community. I, too, am a baby boomer and the songs of PP&M are some of my earliest musical memories... 500 Miles, If I Had A Hammer and Puff. I always admired the passion and commitment they had in their vocal performances, especially Mary Travers.

Bill