Another Convert

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I've mentioned a few times that I had bought one of the new Oxnard F 40 Jumbo Mahogany guitars. I also said it was unbelievably good and it is/was. However, I'm looking at my lineup and trying to streamline a bit. I have the Orpheum Jumbo which I also love. So, I put my F 40 out on Reverb and Ebay but there were no takers. Since it's getting colder now in Michigan I pulled the listings.

In the meantime, a guy I know from the Church I attend came over to buy a new/used guitar. He had 1st stopped at a different friends house and played a Taylor 810, a Martin D 28 and a Martin D 18 that were also for sale. He felt that hands down, the Guild F 40 blew them all away. I know, different tonewoods involved but that's still the way he felt. So, he bought it and took it home with him. He and I had a twosome thing going in the local bars (him on standup bass) but I just got tired of hauling gear around so we stopped playing together. Still friends and still get together, we just don't play out anymore.

I know some members here were unhappy that Guild didn't stick with the long standing Guild model designation and frankly I'm not thrilled with that either. But, in the end, it doesn't really mean all that much and I guess the new owners have the right to call the guitars they make anything they like.

Anyway, the guy is now a for sure Guild fan and in fact wants to buy my D 40C as well when he saves up enough cash.

Over and out.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Cool . I'd like to play one myself . 😁

coreyman97

Reaction score
I recently purchased a new F-40AB when another member mentioned Riff City Guitars was getting out of the business. Though I typically purchase used guitars, this was a really good deal so I grabbed it. As Richard mentioned, it's a wonderful instrument. I'm very pleased with everything about it though i don't love the satin finish. The sound, quality and playability are excellent.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Great story! Guild should use it in their Marketing Dept.!

walrus

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
....He had 1st stopped at a different friends house and played a Taylor 810, a Martin D 28 and a Martin D 18 that were also for sale. He felt that hands down, the Guild F 40 blew them all away.....

That's saying something! Great story!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Richard, no offense, but it would surprise me if you have a Facebook account! I know I don't! :cool:

walrus

Right, neither do I, but it seems that's where Cordoba puts the bulk of its marketing genius for Guild.
It was kind of under-the-radar snark, which I debated clarifying yesterday...thought the emoji would give it away.