Thread: Pickup (LB-1) adjustments

Pickup (LB-1) adjustments

Hello again!

I know this is a question that is asked too much. And yes I use my ear to decide. But I'm just curious about how the Starfire v users setup their LB-1 PU's. They can be a bit muddy(maybe adjustment) and have more mids than other brands pu's is my experience..

How do you guys setup your LB-1 pickup?
    Do you adjust the polepieces to radius or else?
    And what pickup height do you use for best results?

Marco.
    Last edited by Crazylay; 11-05-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Which pickup are you talking about, bridge or neck? Muddy as compared to what?
    "Steve, you are a man of many goats."~ capnjuan

"Alternatively, you could just go the ultra-relic route with it. Basically go for a look that says the amp was on fire and they put it out using belt sanders."
    (amps - I need a "99" & "50")

Both pu's.

I've had different brands of semi-hollow/humbucker guitars. These lb-1 pu's just seem to have a bit more mids. But not in a bad way 🙃

You can reduce midrange somewhat by lowering a pickup's polepieces while raising its overall height.

-Dave-
    1962 F-20 Troubadour
    1970 M-75 Bluesbird
    1971 S-100 "Black Cherry"
    1973 S-100 "Nature Boy"
    1990 Nightbird Custom
    1999 X-170T
    2013 NS M-75 Aristocrat
    2016 NS S-200 T-bird

c. 1971 Foxey Lady

Hmmm...mine sound very clear. No Mud but my luthier set it up and I don't recall him doing any adjustments to the pups.

I adjusted the polepieces and height a little and the muddy sound is gone now.

The mid-range is not a bad thing.. I like it though, and the sound is clear. But when I compare it to previous HB's I had it just got a little bit more mids.