Gibson, Guild, & Gretsch

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Excellent video!

What am I missing with the scarves? Is this filmed in another country?

walrus

gilded

Reaction score
I thought one guy had a scarf and the player was in make-up for some kind of forth-coming media 'appearance.'

And oh, I had to look up scally cap. Guess what I got on my head today? That's it, a scally cap!

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
You can't tell a British accent?

We don't all wear indoor scarves

I thought one guy had a scarf and the player was in make-up for some kind of forth-coming media 'appearance.'

Oh, I knew it was British, but as gilded so eloquently said, the player was wearing much more than a "scarf"!

walrus

gibsonjunkie

Reaction score
Guild Total
I spent two years recording with a guy named Charlie Karp. Charlie was a pretty amazing musician and really ran with the Big Dogs. He was helping me record my songs and often wore a scarf (and a beret) - it was just his "thing". Sadly, he passed about 8 months ago...

dbirchett

Reaction score
7 beautiful vintage guitars and you guys want to talk about scarves?

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hey, it's a fashion veer! We are very fashionable guys!

walrus

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
At the beginning of his spiel about the Guilds, he says something to the effect, "at a secret location in London" so I just assumed it was chilly and once you get your scarf exactly "right" who wants to do that again? I'm making all this up as I go along...... except for the London thing. He does actually say that. :devilish:

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
He did have some really nice guitars that were in great condition, ESPECIALLY for their age.

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
That's quite a collection of arch top guitars. Some very cool axes! Thanks for posting, Chris. There's an interesting piece of guitar manufacturing history quoted in there. I always wondered why Gibson produced guitars in batches of 40 (the # penciled in red after the black FON stamp on the neck block or back). Apparently, that was the size of the big wooden racks on wheels used for storage that they moved from one station to the next in the factory. I've seen old B&W photos of these racks, or "boats", in historical photos of the Gibson and Martin factories.

Reaction score
This guy is a big collecter in U.K. and is on The Guitar Show on YouTube a lot. He has some amazing guitars including 59 Les Paul, Guild, Gibson, etc.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

And oh, I had to look up scally cap. Guess what I got on my head today? That's it, a scally cap!

I never make a vid without one.

:highly_amused: