Happy Halloween!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
With a sobering thought from my favorite comic strip!

73315837_10220931122053721_4681249705345155072_n.jpg

Opsimath

Reaction score
Woo hoo! I like it - probably because I still consider myself a kid. Maybe I need a reality check. Nah....

P.S. Happy Halloween everyone!!

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
My favorite Halloween memory is when I was a Sophomore in college at UW La Crosse. A group of 6 of us lived off campus in an old house on the far North end of town. We were all broke of course so always looked for cheap ways to eat. We'd buy 50# bags of taters because you could get bunches of meals out of one bag. We maybe didn't get a lot of nutrition but we for sure did get a lot of bulk.

On Halloween all the local kids came over for trick or treat. Heck, we couldn't afford candy so we gave each of them a raw tater. They were squealing and screaming with delight because nobody else was handing out taters.

Our meals were pretty skimpy for the following couple of weeks but we managed to get by. Man, I try not to get caught up in the past too much but I gotta admit I surely loved those times.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Calvin always had a unique perspective on life.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
By the way, I'm dressed up in some Guild garb today. It has nothing particularly to do with Halloween, but it feels good to reminisce. Cheers, folks.

oGCgK7s.jpg

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
My favorite Halloween memory is...
i have two. When I was about 9 or 10 we had a major nor'easter in Halloween, so my mother came up with a perfect costume. My best friend, my sister and I got dressed up in slickers with big rain hats and boots and went as the "Three Jolly Fishermen" (from the children's song). With no competition, most people gave us a ton of candy rather than just a piece each. This was back when most people gave out full size bars, they were only a nickel of a dime at the time.
The second was when I shared a house with a couple musicians. The sound guy and one of the others decorated the house with all sorts of eerie things, like a skeleton in a hospital bed in the front hall, somebody his and opened the door before the kids could ring the bell, with a creak of course, there were all sorts of sounds coming through hidden speakers. The kids had to go through 2 rooms to the kitchen to get there treats. The kitchen was normal, brightly lit with the sound man at the tape deck so the kids could see how it was done.
Brad
Oh BTW, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
By the way, I'm dressed up in some Guild garb today. It has nothing particularly to do with Halloween, but it feels good to reminisce. Cheers, folks.

oGCgK7s.jpg

Looking good brother. Cheers!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Calvin always had a unique perspective on life.
OK, I'm thinking either you got Calvin confused with Charlie Brown (or maybe Linus?) or else your linky thingy's on the fritz again and a cartoon didn't show up, in which case, allow me:
calvin-and-hobbes-1995-halloween.png

3e68f3b27b34b12a4f5d6ccd99899c14.gif

:smile:

But "I got a rock" is still my all time favorite Halloween mantra.
Works for other occasions, too.
:glee:

Last edited: