Roller Bridge

Crazylay

Reaction score
Hi all!

Does anyone of you know where i van order a 9.5" roller bridge? Of maybe roller saddles that will fit in my starfire V bridge ?

Tnx.

Marco.

Crazylay

Reaction score
Tnx. I couldnt see them in his list but i contacted him.

Crazylay

Reaction score
Send me a PB with your privé incl shipping to Netherlands.. 😊

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
there are no 9.5" radius roller bridges that I know of. Then again, you don't need one to keep a bigsby equipped guitar in tune..

parker_knoll

Reaction score
I'm in UK. tell me what the other guy's charging as a guide. Still no Brexit so shipping about €10. I'll grab a photo

Crazylay

Reaction score
there are no 9.5" radius roller bridges that I know of. Then again, you don't need one to keep a bigsby equipped guitar in tune..

Should it be fine with the stock saddles? I Read different things about it..

parker_knoll

Reaction score
It's ok for it to move back and forward and will help it stay in tune. Personally I think roller bridges are unnecessary but opinions vary. Do you have a tuning problem?

GSFV

Reaction score
I use Big Bend's Nut Sauce to keep in tune, and white lithium grease on the saddles. Don't have a problem. If I do, it's time to change strings. I relube every other string change. No tuning issues on my NS StarfireV.

GSFV

Reaction score
Oh! I've also found my guild is sensitive to strings. Some don't stay in tune. Others do. I've had good luck with Elixir optiweb.

Crazylay

Reaction score
I replied on your post in the other topic.

I got tuning problems yes. I got new strings and the intonation is perfect now. When I tune the guitar and then use the bigsby it gets out of tune...

I use Ernie ball regular slinky .10 for years now and they suit me the best. I've used elixir and their great but got some other problems with them.

DThomasC

Reaction score
I've never found a roller bridge with low enough friction to work the way we might hope. If they work at all it's because the surface the string needs to slide over is smooth rather than having a sharp edge. Personally, with Bigsbies, I've had the most luck with "rocker" bridges like the ones Bigsby made (makes.) The strings don't need to slide across the saddle; the saddles move with the strings. I've found the same thing works on other instruments with regular pointy bridges that can move a little, provided you're not trying to pull off Jimi Hendrix style dive-bombs.

But listen up, here's the secret: if the guitar does go out of tune with a typical tune-o-matic style bridge, just wiggle the arm (perhaps violently) and it will often go back into tune.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Making sure the nut slots are wide & smooth enough, plus using a small amount of lubricant in both the nut & bridge saddle slots (I like StewMac's Guitar Grease), oughta make most vibrato systems behave correctly. I also like the rocking aluminum Bigsby bridges with hollowbody guitars.

-Dave-

GSFV

Reaction score
I honestly didn’t realize it was the same OP. Lol. It felt like I was repeating myself. This explains why. :)

parker_knoll

Reaction score
Making sure the nut slots are wide & smooth enough, plus using a small amount of lubricant in both the nut & bridge saddle slots (I like StewMac's Guitar Grease), oughta make most vibrato systems behave correctly. I also like the rocking aluminum Bigsby bridges with hollowbody guitars.

-Dave-

All of this

Crazylay

Reaction score
Ok tnx. I will order some bends grease here in the Netherlands. The saddles are.on their way.. I ordered them to try.