Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Woke up to falling snow this morning...seems like the snow just quit falling here a short time ago. Welcome to Michigan!

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Time change this weekend too....bleh.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
At least I can start storing my beer in the garage again - ya gotta consider the positives...

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Don't have to mow the grass!

No skeeters!

Opsimath

Reaction score
I can't even begin to imagine. So far we're in t-shirts here and still running the AC. I got a few more peppers from the dragon cayenne plants this morning and had to spray myself and my work area for skeeters so I could work undeterred while dumping muck buckets in the garden for composting down over the cooler months - whenever it is that the cooler months get here.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I can't even begin to imagine. So far we're in t-shirts here and still running the AC. I got a few more peppers from the dragon cayenne plants this morning and had to spray myself and my work area for skeeters so I could work undeterred while dumping muck buckets in the garden for composting down over the cooler months - whenever it is that the cooler months get here.

3rd week in January, right?
Here in NorCal it's the last 2 weeks of February, although March is the single most likely month for snow.
We actually do get it about 7 years out of ten, but haven't seen it down on the valley floor since I was kid.
Got some hail on the streets this year, though.
Pretty wild, sun was shining though a break over my neighborhood while my GF was seeing pea-sized stuff piling up in the gutters only about 10 miles away.

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Typical changeover time here in Las Vegas. Yesterday I snapped a photo of one corner of the yard. Everything looks like this:

HbfJdW.jpg

However, yesterday morning I finally turned the heat on because it was 63 in here when I woke up. Tonight's low is gonna be 32!! I've dusted off my hoodies and dragged my jackets to the front of the closet. Getting ready to go for a bike ride and it's currently 50 out at 1 pm. So possibly some gloves for a bike ride. Definitely a jacket. I love this time of year in Vegas.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
In Michigan's Upper Peninsula, they define summer as "2 weeks of bad snowmobiling."

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Forecast for Halloween: Snow accumulating 1-2" per hour. Maybe I should make hot chocolate for the trick or treaters...

Grassdog

Reaction score
Cold front moving through the Cincy area late this afternoon - temps falling into the 30's with 20-30 mph winds and gust up to 40 mph during trick or treat time. Should be interesting to see how many kids (and their parents) brave the conditions.