Fender forum

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
It must take a while to be "accepted" at the Fender forum, I registered 2 days ago and still nothing...

Antney

Reaction score
“Have you ever been convicted of a felony?”

“Convicted?.....ummm, no.”

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
"Do you own any three-legged chickens? Do any of them play a Strat?"

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
"Do you own any three-legged chickens? Do any of them play a Strat?"

I knew a guy once who raised 3-legged chickens:
I met him while cruising one of those of those narrow twisty mountain backroads a few years back.
I was tooling along at about 15mph when I notice this chicken trotting alongside the car. So I goosed the gas a little (so to speak), up to about 20, and the thing just kept right up with me.
So I goosed it a little more, up to about 25, and then it just lit out on me, and ran up a dirt track leading to a farmhouse.
Well, my curiosity's aroused now, so I drive into the farmyard amidst the settling dust and old McDonald (I swear, that was really his name!) came out on the porch, (sans shotgun), asking if he could help me?
So, swearing I was utterly sober, I told him about the 25 mph chicken.
"Oh yeah," he says, "that must be one of my special 3-legged chickens. Bred 'em up myself."
"Oo-o-h-k-a-y," I says "I just gotta know: Why 3-legged chickens?"
"Well" he says, "There's just me'n'the missus'n my beautiful young virgin daughter a-way out here in the boonies, and we loves our Sunday chicken dinner, 'ceptin' we was always fightin' over 2 drumsticks.
So I took it into my head to try to breed up a 3-legged chicken, and that was one of 'em."
"Well by golly" I says, "that's downright amazing! But I gotta know, how do they taste?"
"Dunno," he says: "I ain't never caught one yet".

F312

Reaction score
The teacher asked; can anyone tell me what old Mcdonald had, and spell it.

Juan says, old Mcdonald had a casa c a s a, the teacher says no.

Tasheka says old Mcdonald had a crib c r i b, the teacher says no.

Joe Bob says, that's easy, old Mcdonalds had a farm, e i e i o.

Ralph

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Speakin' o' rural heroes:
Trippy_08edf1_281193.jpg

Charlie Bernstein

Reaction score
Forget the Fender forum. Join TDPRI (Telecaster Discussion Page Re-issued) at www.tdpri.com.

You'll be welcome even if you don't play a Tele, and it's the most active music forum I've ever found.

(Tell 'em Cholly sencha.)

Last edited:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
OK, so after much weeping and gnashing of teeth, and some snarky comments by the administrator, I finally was able to get on the Fender forum and made my first post. Then, after several unsuccessful attempts to post photos, I read the fine print: "Only CONTRIBUTING members are allowed to post photos." So for a minimum contribution of $30, you can post photos. Sorry, no; my first post there will be my last.

Charlie Bernstein

Reaction score
OK, so after much weeping and gnashing of teeth, and some snarky comments by the administrator, I finally was able to get on the Fender forum and made my first post. Then, after several unsuccessful attempts to post photos, I read the fine print: "Only CONTRIBUTING members are allowed to post photos." So for a minimum contribution of $30, you can post photos. Sorry, no; my first post there will be my last.
I'm telling you, try www.tdpri.com. It's the world's friendliest Fender forum. And it's not run by Funder. And no, you don't have to pay to play.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks, all, I registered at TDPRI, was confirmed, and made my first post all in about 5 minutes. And you can link photos directly without going through Imgur, etc!

GGJaguar

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
No matter, the Fender Forum is closing at the end of the year according to the banner announcement there.

jte

Reaction score
Ah, Chris is all about the filthy lucre! I was a long-time contributing member. One day I shared a picture my son made of his less than one year-old son and the message "vote your hopes, not your fears" from his blog on Moe's. I was immediately blocked, and when I inquired, Chris said I'd shared a link to a "leftist" website. I had been pretty vocal over the years saying that we all had to remember we were visiting Chris' living room and to treat it with respect. So I was quite taken aback that he considered my son's blog (mostly about theatre tech) to be leftist. When I asked for forgiveness and reinstatement he said if I upped the ante to quite a bit more money I could come back. That was about 10 years ago. I just checked it out again last week for the first time in a year, and it's pathetic how it's deteriorated.

jwsamuel

Reaction score
I used to be a member at Fender Forum. One day I tried to log on and was told I was suspended for something I had posted. I sent the admin a message and asked what post had been the cause of my suspension. He blocked me totally for questioning his decision.