Joni Mitchell up and about!

JF-30

Reaction score
I was listening to Blue on the way into work today. That and Court And Spark are high water marks for Joni. And she had more that a few.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was listening to Blue on the way into work today. That and Court And Spark are high water marks for Joni. And she had more that a few.

Court and Spark makes my "you only get 10 CD's to listen to for the rest of your life" list. I've listened to it beginning to end dozens of times and keep hearing new bits of great musicianship throughout.

bobouz

Reaction score
Favorite song: For Free
Favorite album: Court & Spark

Thank you Joni.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ladies of The Canyon
3cassphotobyhenrydiltz-620x409.png

Joni, Crosby and Clapton at Mama Cass's house in Laurel Canyon, likely the inspiration for Peter Tork's own bohemian residential style, story here:
http://thehollywoodhome.com/luminaries-of-the-canyon-laurel-canyons-most-star-studded-home/
After that, Hissing of Summer Lawns, although I own others....

Oh, 'nuther neat story 'bout who wangled her first demo session:
https://selvedgeyard.com/2015/03/25...mitchell-jackson-browne-mama-cass-the-eagles/
Trust me you'll want to read this.
:smile:

Last edited:

bobouz

Reaction score
I graduated from high school in 1969. At some point while still in high school, a group of us found ourselves driving up Laurel Canyon and ended up at a party somewhere. For whatever reasons, I don't remember the details. I only recall thinking it seemed like we had landed on another planet - and you were surrounded by the orbit of money that sustained it.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Court And Spark, The Hissing of Summer Lawns & Hejira are my Joni favs along with the Miles Of Aisles live album of the same period. That's when I really got her: as a teenager. My girlfriend at the time and I saw her play in '82 at the outdoor Pine Knob venue, during the same tour as the show filmed for the Shadows And Light video release. Helluva band she had in addition to herself being at the top of her game. The folks who came expecting a folk show had their senses rearranged a bit, I think. "Who's this Jaco guy and what are all those crazy notes he's playing?!" :)

-Dave-