Looking for "travel" 6-string A/E

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

Tom O

Reaction score
Guild Total
The older Guild GAD Chinese series are very good. Much better than the new ones. Watch out for the pasted on serial number as they are seconds. The trust rod is accessed through the sound hole. My GAD-50PCE sounds good. The finish is thicker Poly.
Reverb has several GAD-50e and several smaller GAD30. The Guild GAD 30 PCEATB looks good with the red padauk and a burst top. Its a F size version of my dread.
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=GUILD GAD GUITAR&condition=used

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
The older Guild GAD Chinese series are very good. Much better than the new ones. Watch out for the pasted on serial number as they are seconds. The trust rod is accessed through the sound hole. My GAD-50PCE sounds good. The finish is thicker Poly.
Reverb has several GAD-50e and several smaller GAD30. The Guild GAD 30 PCEATB looks good with the red padauk and a burst top. Its a F size version of my dread.
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=GUILD GAD GUITAR&condition=used

Absolutely with Tom on this one.. Older GADs are among some of the best MIC acoustics you can get your hands on.. Eastman makes a parlor and OM's that are out of this world too for not a ton of dough.. These in a soft bag will easily fit in the overhead compartment.. I bought an Eastman PCH OM for $230 with a soft bag that was just an excellent little player and made for a perfect traveler. I just donated it to Guitars4vets.. Great little box though..

Reaction score
I'm a huge guild fan my main guitars are both Guild Westerly factory guitars from a long time ago. But for not so much money I recently purchased a Yamaha 'air' model guitar (Dreadnaught with electronics). Lists for about 800, I got it for about $625 at a guitar store in Maryland for my friend's son. Sounds great. Solid top, back, nice wood binding and good action. I was very surprised by the quality and sounded better than the lower end $1400 Taylor's and Martin's they had.

jcwu

Reaction score
I was recently tasked by my good friend's wife to find a cheap replacement acoustic guitar. Initial budget was $150 (she saw an acoustic guitar starter pack at CostCo), and I convinced her to up her budget.

I tried as hard as I could to introduce a Guild into their household, but lo and behold, I ended up getting a Recording King RD-M9M for $250 plus tax, no case. Hard to beat that deal for an all-solid-wood guitar. I really liked how it sounded, too. Raw and unrefined, slightly bright (I'd put on new strings), but took to strumming pretty well, and fingerpicking sounded decent too.

Much respect to the Recording King all-solid-wood guitars. So far they're batting 100% in my book based on the small sample size of 1.