Photobucket?

Opsimath

Reaction score
I have never ever used Photobucket and likely would not even know it existed except for forum members here who used to use it. Recently, though, I keep getting email notices from Photobucket that in the subject line say my "premium services have expired". Again, I have never ever used them. I have not opened any of the emails, just delete them as they come in.

Is anyone else being spammed by them?

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Cynthia. Yes, I continue to be spammed by them, although I did host a lot of free pictures on there for a long time. So, in fact, I definitely did have an account there. And, I never had premium services... They continue to harass me to pay them to increase bandwidth. I just find it amusing.

Just ignore it. You can configure your email client to send crap like that to the wastebasket.

Use imgur, or some other hosting site. See the FAQ section for more details.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
As a PSA to anyone using Photobucket, if you have the opportunity to do so, get all your photos off of there. They've held personal photos hostage and they'll do it again.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
As a PSA to anyone using Photobucket, if you have the opportunity to do so, get all your photos off of there. They've held personal photos hostage and they'll do it again.

I used a Google Chrome browser extension, Photobucket Downloader (unlimit) to download my Photobucket pictures an entire album at a time. Much faster and easier than one photo at a time.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've never used them. How do they even know I exist?

In that case it may not be legitimately from photobucket. I routinely get email from Costco (for example) telling me about some promotion for members. If I look closely at the actual address and/or header it is pretty clear that the mail is spoofed to look like it came from Costco but it didn't. If I set up a secure sandbox and follow the links in the message I get to a site asking for personal information, trying to infect my system or both.

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I don't use Photobucket, but I wonder if it's possible somebody sent you a photo from their account as an attachment and your email entered into their system that way.
Brad