No more posting videos in a reply?

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
If I start a new thread I get the option to insert a video, and on at least one thread reply I can - the Song Title thread - but not if I am replying to most posts. For example Darryl's "Jump on this", and the "Haters" threads there is no option to link a video in the menu bar.

A weird result of the "crashes"?

walrus

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
If I start a new thread I get the option to insert a video, and on at least one thread reply I can - the Song Title thread - but not if I am replying to most posts. For example Darryl's "Jump on this", and the "Haters" threads there is no option to link a video in the menu bar.

A weird result of the "crashes"?

walrus
No, it more where you post. There aren’t videos in the FS section. But you can post videos here in replies. I can’t tell you why, but it is.

Here’s a random Guild video I grabbed as proof.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ah, that (sort of) makes sense - thanks!

walrus

Right, you should be able to post a video in a "reply with quote" in the Song Title game, in fact GJMaclyon just did about an hour ago.
I you can't I'd chalk it up to a browser issue, maybe related to the dreaded "black box" issue that periodically comes and goes where videos only show as black box?
But yeah no video linking enabled for "FS" and "eBaycraigslist" as well.
Can't remember if there are any others, but you can test by using "post reply" in any forum to see if the icon's available.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's probably been like this forever, but almost 14,000 posts later, I just noticed it! Duh! :dejection:

walrus

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I've noticed, in my browser anyhow, that some options are only available if you click on "Go Advanced."

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I've noticed, in my browser anyhow, that some options are only available if you click on "Go Advanced."

I gotta do that to see the full array of smileys in any sub-forum.
Oh wait, is it still ok to say smileys now or do they wanna be called emojis?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Whether a post can contain embedded video depends upon which forum it is in. Some forums allow embedded video and some don't. I am not aware of any specific reasons why some forums can have embedded video and some can't. It may be a configuration quirk rather than something that is deliberate. Note that you can use a hyper linkt to point to a video if you cannot embed directly.