Zappa

JF-30

Reaction score
It was announced that Hot Rats will be released on a 6 CD deluxe set. So far over that past few years, The entire Roxy Shows (The Roxy Performances) 6 CD's, A deluxe 5 CD Zappa In New York, a 6 CD Halloween '77, a 3 CD Deluxe Orchestral Favorites, a 4 CD Halloween '73 is out in a few weeks, also over the past few years a 2 and 4 CD set of Freak Out! (The MOFO Project Object), a 3 cd set of Uncle Meat (Meat Light), a 3 CD set of Lumpy Gravy/Were Only In It For The Money (Lumpy/Money Project Object), Cruising With Reuben And The Jets (Greasy Love Songs), Apostrophe (Crux Of The Biscuit), and Chicago '78. I'm ready for more late 70's early 80's stuff as well.

wileypickett

Reaction score
I loved a lot of this stuff when I was a teenager but I find much of it rough going today. With just a few exceptions, nothing much after *Uncle Meat* holds up very well -- at least for me. (I'm definitely an "Original Mothers" guy!)

*Apostrophe* was the end of the line -- it was the last new Zappa album I bought. (I did buy some of the earlier ones when they were reissued on CD, and I have the the first two Barking Pumpkin box sets.)

I'll check out some of these deluxe reissues of the early albums.

Glenn

JF-30

Reaction score
I loved a lot of this stuff when I was a teenager but I find much of it rough going today. With just a few exceptions, nothing much after *Uncle Meat* holds up very well -- at least for me. (I'm definitely an "Original Mothers" guy!)

*Apostrophe* was the end of the line -- it was the last new Zappa album I bought. (I did buy some of the earlier ones when they were reissued on CD, and I have the the first two Barking Pumpkin box sets.)

I'll check out some of these deluxe reissues of the early albums.

Glenn

Apostrophe is my #1. I like the Original Mothers, but I am a 72 to about 82 fan. I just saw Dweezil perform Hot Rats.

merlin6666

Reaction score
I love Hot Rats and the 70s stuff. But I don't have a CD player anymore and haven't followed the posthumous vault releases at all. Would love to see Dweezil, and still upset that I missed him when he was in town many years ago with some of the original mothers.

JF-30

Reaction score
I love Hot Rats and the 70s stuff. But I don't have a CD player anymore and haven't followed the posthumous vault releases at all. Would love to see Dweezil, and still upset that I missed him when he was in town many years ago with some of the original mothers.
Saw Frank 3 times and Dweez twice.

What kind of girls do you think we are? Do you think we'd ball you just because your a star? Don't call us groupies that is going to far.