New Avett Brothers Album

JF-30

Reaction score
Man if there is one thing I love its music. Seen the Avett's twice. A few weeks back at the Outlaw Music Fest and a few months before that where they headlined. Love their music and their last 4 albums have been really good. But I should have known after hearing High Steppin' and it made me want to line dance, that there was something in the air. Listened to the new one on the way to work and after 4 songs I took it off and stated listening to Richard Thompson. The Avett Brothers album was just that good. Well really it wasn't. Not even sure what the name of the new album is. I'm just that impressed.

I know they are the artist and can do what they want, but I am glad I only spend $1 to download it, cause I am not buying the vinyl like the last few. It will be in mega low rotation unlike I And Love and You, and Magpie, and True Sadness.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check that out. We saw the Avetts last year, what a bunch of talent on one stage! Groups like them, The Wood Bros., Old Crow Medicine Show, etc. have brought back the good music.

Have you checked out Billy Strings? My linky thing still isn't working but look up "Billy Strings Tinfoil and Turmoil."

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Billy Strings-There might be better guitar players but he is, absolutely, best I have seen.

JF-30

Reaction score
Just watched a clip of Billy Strings at the 420 Fest. Is it mando that you blaze a fatty at the 420 Fest?

He was good. Killer name Billy Strings and he's a guitarist. Perfect.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah well, his Grandma nicknamed him Billy Strings and it kinda stuck. Anybody who was anybody had him at their music festival this year. Along with The Avett Bros.

JF-30

Reaction score
Wow, that bad, huh. Now I'm really curious.

Yeah I really like the last 4 albums. Was looking forward to this one and then I heard it. After 4 songs I had enough.