Our Mama dog

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Koko, our Mama Goldendoodle has developed a cyst that we hope isn't cancerous, but this coming Thursday our Vet will be doing a mastectomy because it looks highly suspicious. Your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. don't want to lose another dog to cancer.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
T6kZhlG.jpg
[/FONT]

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Koko is 10 years old and is the best dog we've ever had. We named her after Koko Taylor, who passed away the week we got her as a little puppy; Mrs. Dread came up with that name.

beecee

Reaction score
For what it is worth Ginger our 12 yr old rescue ****zhu has had 3 on her back over the past 6 yrs, still kicking and digging up worms in the mud.

Good luck sir!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Koko had a mastectomy on Thursday; she is running around like nothing happened, but she is on pain meds for awhile.

Dr. Larry said it was in fact a cancerous tumor, but he got it all and took a wide margin of tissue around it too.

They did x-rays and didn't find any other tumors anywhere, so that's good news. But he did say he is suspicious that another one could pop up somewhere, we just need to keep a close eye on her.

Thanks for all your well-wishes, it really does help to know people here are pulling for us.

Last edited:

Opsimath

Reaction score
Glad to hear things went well!

BTW, have you read Dogtripping? The author and his wife started a dog rescue focusing on goldens, but of course ended up not being able to say no to a lot of others. Then they moved from California to Maine - with 25 dogs. Real story. I thought it was pretty good.

beecee

Reaction score
The author and his wife started a dog rescue focusing on goldens, but of course ended up not being able to say no to a lot of others.

Sounds familiar...we have 3 rescues

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The author and his wife started a dog rescue focusing on goldens, but of course ended up not being able to say no to a lot of others.

Sounds familiar...we have 3 rescues

Speakin' o' rescues, just remembered my buddy with the Chihuahua/Staffordshire("Pit Bull") mix...besides never figuring out how the feisty little Chihuahua stud (so he was told) must have pulled it off, it was the only dog I ever met whose bark really was worse than its bite....

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Some day I want to ask God why he gave man's best friend such a short lifespan...

I'm pretty sure I know his purpose for creating dogs; to teach us about unconditional love.