Fralin Dynasonics

parker_knoll

Reaction score
WELCOME BACK LTG!

Anyone tried these?

Obviously not "correct" in terms of polepiece adjustment, but... AVAILABLE WITH WHITE TOPS AS STANDARD.

It appears they are actually P90s, but then if it's an alnico rod P90 it's surely not a P90 at all as P90s don't have magnetised polepieces. Confused of London over here.

Polished-Nickel-White-P90-600x400.png

Pricewise they are rather cheaper than the Duncans, about the same as the TVJones and a bit more than the Gretsch.

https://www.fralinpickups.com/product/dynasonic/

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looks to be similar in construction to the new Guild pups. They aren't Fralins, but it looks like in the same football stadium.

mellowgerman

Reaction score
The only Fralin I've had any real, extensive experience with was one of their P92, which was really exceptional! https://www.fralinpickups.com/product/p92/

The image in the original post though reminded me of the GFS alternative. I had an old Framus archtop, that I do miss, which was strictly acoustic until I put one of these in the neck position. Really great budget option! They're also just ballpark, but have a great sound in their own right. Can't argue with the price either! They are however made overseas (99% sure of that), so if I had a guitar that I was planning on keeping for the long haul, I'd probably rather shell out more and support a small American boutique pickup shop. That said, these were a great way for canned-beans-eating, college me to get my Framus a great sounding electric voice.

https://www.guitarfetish.com/GFS-NYII-Surface-Mount-Alnico-Pickup-WHITE_c_148.html

dhdfoster

Reaction score
They are hum-cancelling. I have tried Fralin’s hum-canceling Jazzmaster pickups. They sounded pretty good, but I haven’t completely loved any hum-cancelling single-coils I’ve tried.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
One of Fralin's things is P90-type pickups with polepiece magnets rather than bars. Not really Dyna clones sonically but in the same broad territory.

-Dave-

parker_knoll

Reaction score
One of Fralin's things is P90-type pickups with polepiece magnets rather than bars. Not really Dyna clones sonically but in the same broad territory.

-Dave-

There's a UK builder that does something similar. That's basically what a Jazzmaster pickup is, isn't it?

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
There's a UK builder that does something similar. That's basically what a Jazzmaster pickup is, isn't it?

Yeah, Jazzmaster pickups are a little wider and shallower, which I presume reduces midrange a bit ('cuz they are less mid-y), but otherwise use the same formula. Jazzmasters have 1 MegaOhm pots too, giving you a wiry high end if you want it.

-Dave-