Surprise!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome back, everyone. Thanks for pereservering, Don!

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
A west coaster late to the party. FINALLY! We need this oasis of sanity now more than ever. Glad it’s back!

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Mellowgerman calmed my alarm via another bass website as well.

Good to see this place back up and running!

I tried to post a question about it on AGF but got spanked by one of the Mods. Appearently they have a “thou shalt not mention competing music forums” commandment on that site. Kind of silly, but whatever.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I followed the LTG thread on the Gretsch forum (not a member, just found it via searching), and was relieved when the issue was revealed to be technical rather than someone pulling the plug. :)

-Dave-

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thank goodness!!!

I would like to propose the Mods create a members email list and inform us of any significant issues. Searching the web daily hoping to find random comments on other forums ain’t so good. And yes, thank you Gretsch dual citizens!

It never gets bumped or publicized until LTG is not available but there is a Facebook group, LTG, that exists primarily to communicate LTG status when LTG is down. And before there was Facebook, there was a Yahoo Group that was created for a similar purpose. You can subscribe by sending an email to ltgstatus-subscribe@yahoogroups.com You will have to be approved but I can't recall rejecting anyone yet :) Just remember that it is supposed to be about status - is LTG up or down and if down, what's happening to change that. If you want to know what people think of the F-30 you just spotted on CL you will be have to wait until LTG comes back or go to Facebook where the Mod is not such a jerk and hasn't had to deal with complains from others in the group :)

See http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sh...ist&highlight=ltgstatus+subscribe+yahoogroups

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Man, I missed this place and you folks. The dark recesses of mind were spending too much time spinning awful dystopian glimpses of a world without this.

I can breathe again....

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I tried to post a question about it on AGF but got spanked by one of the Mods.

Yeah. I got a PM for "promoting LTG" when I would suggest people come here to get a lot more detail about their Guild questions. Pretty dumb, if you ask me. It's not like this forum " takes away BUSINESS " from AGF. You can belong and frequent both.

I'll check out the Reddit link.

I would be interested in the technical issue. As a forum host myself, I like to know what to look out for. I did due a forum backup after I couldn't get more than the install page here. Nothing like seeing that to make you decide it's time to be more prepared !

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah. I got a PM for "promoting LTG" when I would suggest people come here to get a lot more detail about their Guild questions. Pretty dumb, if you ask me. It's not like this forum " takes away BUSINESS " from AGF. You can belong and frequent both.

I'll check out the Reddit link.

I would be interested in the technical issue. As a forum host myself, I like to know what to look out for. I did due a forum backup after I couldn't get more than the install page here. Nothing like seeing that to make you decide it's time to be more prepared !

It was really the hosting company that caused the problem. But yes - always do backups. And test them.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

What GAD said. One of the recent outages may have involved some versioning issues. Basically two pieces of software needed to be updated simultaneously or not at all. The host did not realize this and only updated one. I'm paraphrasing a private conversation but one of the components may have been mySQL.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I got a bit of a heads up as to what was going on at the Gretsch site courtesy of our own Al.
I was already wondering what Al would do all day at work without LTG, but it sounds he found other forums to be busy with...:monkey:

Ralf

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow!! That was a long-a$$ week!! I've picked up so many bad habits during that time and now i'm in rehab. This site being back up should help with my recovery! Howdy, all! I've missed ya....... :encouragement:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow!! That was a long-a$$ week!! I've picked up so many bad habits during that time and now i'm in rehab. This site being back up should help with my recovery! Howdy, all! I've missed ya....... :encouragement:

The medicinal value of LTG is highly underrated! :)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I was already wondering what Al would do all day at work without LTG, but it sounds he found other forums to be busy with...:monkey:

Ralf
:glee:
Actually, no, only that forum for the public service of it.
I couldn't have done anything for the Gretsch-Guild dual citizens without our own Bluesypicky.
THANK YOU Pascal.
And I'm now at 137.6% of sales budget for the year after targeting sheet music publishing houses all week.

I tried to post a question about it on AGF but got spanked by one of the Mods. Apparently they have a “thou shalt not mention competing music forums” commandment on that site. Kind of silly, but whatever.

They must be owned by Facebook.
And that mod is obviously suffering from terminal recto-cranial inversion.
No wonder we used to hear about how rude it gets over there all the time.
I'm tempted to go join up and do some post raiding until they find me and sink me.
john-moffat-legend-of-the-bismarck-cover-v2-600x800.jpg

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
:glee:

They must be owned by Facebook.
And that mod is obviously suffering from terminal recto-cranial inversion.
No wonder we used to hear about how rude it gets over there all the time.
I'm tempted to go join up and do some post raiding until they find me and sink me.
john-moffat-legend-of-the-bismarck-cover-v2-600x800.jpg

Sounds more like a case of pickle-rectal insertion to me.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
So my Eastman E6D is so amazing.. what a great mid-level value..... oh wait is this LTG??? Oh sh$& wrong forum.. glad it is back up and running!!!

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

Somehow without it divorce and other bad thoughts loomed that much closer. Can this be a thing, that we depend so much on good feelings of friendship from people we've never met?

The guitar, and by extension this site - the only one I barely even have time for - must be my "invisibility cloak". It's not that you can't see me, but more like thinking about and playing guitar renders the rest of the word invisible to me. When I play, I really zone out sometimes. I start hearing secondary things in the music, especially if going outside the comfort zone a little. There's a magic that transcends notes and chords. Music is healing and we're all in some pain.